Zhenlong Chess Formation (1)

" God? Uh yes maybe?..."

Qin Xiuying, "..."

What the hell? Who believes a stranger at once?

Mo Ran, " But heed my words, god or not I don't care, Shizun won't be going to the Heavenly Realm with you, all you gods do is act all divine and do nothing whereas my Shizun is here helping and modernizing the lives of mortals!"

Qin Xiuying, " Yes Yes, I know your Shizun is the best, no doubt but modernization of what? Don't tell me that this thing over my ear is his creation!?"

Mo Ran replied with a smug look, " If not Shizun's, then whose?"

Qin Xiuying suddenly felt a throbbing headache...Of all things it had to be Chu Wanning...After all she had more or less guessed whatever might be the case everything might be related to that ear piece as the only town affected by the strange phenomenon was this town where everyone wore one of these strange ear pieces.

"Take me to your Shizun..."

Although unwilling, Mo Ran still took her to Chu Wannings temporary residence. He slightly knocked at the door and waited for Chu Wanning to open the door.

In the end as no one welcomed them, Mo Ran himself opened the doors which obviously wasn't locked and assumed that his Shizun was probably too busy in his own world to notice his guests waiting outside.

Chu Wanning sat under a Haitang tree in the courtyard of his current temporary residence. Next to him was a ceramic jug of peach blossom wine and in his hand he fiddled with some sort of mechanical part of probably some new invention of his.

This time, on hearing the footsteps, Chu Wanning didn't turn back as he spoke, " Ah Ran, you are back already?"

The way he spoke was rather endearing and intimate. Hearing Chu Wanning call Mo Ran in that tone, Qin Xiuying couldn't help but be elated that at least one of her numerous ships was sailing smoothly.

Mo Ran slightly coughed as he continued to speak, " Well Shizun, it's me but...we have a guest here who wants to meet you ..."

Hearing the word guest, Chu Wanning seemed slightly embarrassed and a bit panicked as if some secret had been exposed. In the end he kept down the things in his hand and turned back while scrutinizing Qin Xiuying.

Qin Xiuying bowed, paying her respects to the elder in front of her.

" Greetings, to Elder Yuheng. I am Qin Xiuying, an heaven official from the heavenly realm"

Saying so, she fished out a sigil with the divine engravings of the word Tian Dao to prove her identity. Seeing that,Chu Wanning kept a cold and calm composed face while leading her inside to talk.

" Now...what might this humble cultivator have done to pique the interest of the heavens above? Mind enlightening me?"

Qin Xiuying smiled while replying,

" Oh, no need to think of yourself as some humble cultivator, your achievements are way more worthy than us useless officials out there who slack off most of the time. I know you despice people like us but...well the reason I am here is not exactly related to you. It's just that you happen to be a part of my investigation in the mortal realm here."

Qin Xiuying then moved her hands over her ears while pointing at the device, "This...I must say this is quiet an interesting invention of yours but, do you realise that some things might be repeating on a daily basis... Just like how you spoke the same words yesterday and also the day before yesterday, Ah Ran, you are back already?"

Hearing the last line, Chu Wannings face suddenly started emitting an extremely cold aura. Just as Mo Ran was going to question what was happening, Chu Wanning swiftly knocked him unconscious next to him .

This time it was Qin Xiuying's turn to get shocked at the man's action in front of her.

In fact what she was speaking about was rather unknown and confusing to others like Mo Ran and the ones residing in the town, but for
Chu Wanning and Qin Xiuying, they were very much on the same page to understand what was happening.

After all, for Qin Xiuying it was already the third day in town while for Mo Ran, he himself had met Qin Xiuying thrice and thought that every meeting of theirs was their first time metting each other. The whole of Caidié town was trapped in an endless time loop illusion other than Qin Xiuying and Chu Wanning.

In fact the very first day she met Mo Ran, she went till the door of their residence,waited for Chu Wanning's reply and after having observed the general behaviour she left in between saying she would come back and meet them later.

The same situation unfolded everyday and no one found anything out of place or weird other than her. Mo Ran met her anew everyday, every one at the inn discussed the same thing everyday, the same customers went to different shops to buy the same things everyday and the same people walked on the streets and spoke about the same thing everyday.

Also the city gates were closed for all outsiders as new comers meant change in the continuous loop that repeated itself. And hence it was already difficult for Qin Xiuying to enter the first day if not for her divine powers meedling with things. The time loop had changed the very moment she entered the town and as such to observe the entire thing she acted the same way and repeated what she did the first day. And finally on the third day, once she had confirmed her suspicion she decided to go ahead and talk to Chu Wanning, breaking the new time loop. Even till now, Chu Wanning said the exact same things everyday to Mo Ran just to keep everything going in a cycle. But what Qin Xiuying could never understand was the reason behind all this, why would Chu Wanning need to go to such lengths and so much yin energy by trapping people in this illusion...He couldn't be a villian obviously?!!

Right when she was lost in thoughts, she heard a cold voice saying just one statement which completely turned her face pale.

" It's for the Zhenlong Chess Formation..."

" And as a heaven official, shouldn't you be vigilant enough not to involve others in important matters, how can you speak so freely after knowing everything?" He said so while pointing at Mo Ran.

After hearing him say so, Qin Xiuying kept quiet thinking that Chu Wanning really didn't consider Mo Ran close enough to include him in all this and instead used him as a pawn to achieve his goals ...