What's wrong with Mu Qing?

Feng Xin stared at Mu Qing after seeing his blank face. He kept quiet the entire time as if in some deep thought.

" Hey...
Oii?! Listening? Why are you staring blankly? Hah, dont tell me that you are scared that you will die so soon?"

"No"

Mu Qing just gave an one word answer and raised his fingers to his temples, as if trying to use the communication array.

Indeed, after some time even Feng Xin could feel a few signals from Ling Wen. But the problem was that the connection was too weak and in no ways they could join the communication array.

Mu Qing suddenly turned away in another direction and started to move on. " Let's go in different directions, don't stick to me, see if you can find a proper place to connect to the communication array."

" Who the hell is sticking to you? I was anyways going to walk a separate path...staying with you will only bring in more trouble..."

Mu Qing clenched his fists and spoke quietly under his clenched jaws after some time, " .... Right!" Saying so he dashed into the depths.

Feng Xin just looked back standing all alone. Ming Yi had gone to look elsewhere and only he was left there. All he felt was that Mu Qing sure was acting in a different manner and also maybe hiding something.

Feng Xin also started to move on after some time. On the other hand Mu Qing went at a certain place where he had come before while exploring by chance. He stood still for some time and grabbed the scroll which lay on the table of the secret chamber. And in truth he had already found out the way to get rid of that curse. It was only possible if Lang Ying was dead, but it must be self destruction where he himself didn't want to live anymore. If it was someone other than him who tried to kill him, the curse on the cursed would only end up spreading and cause an earlier death.

Mu Qing slumped down from the growing pain in his hand. Either ways he would die, both by trying to kill Lang Ying and also by waiting for someone else to find a solution.

He stared blankly and thought that maybe he had lived long enough and it was fine to let go. But...

But he wasn't the only one who got cursed. He could only blame himself for his impatience. Even though he always felt that he hated Feng Xing, but still deep inside he considered him as his friend. After knowing each other for so long, unknowingly he had accepted him as his friend. He didn't want him to die because of him. And also... Xie Lian had ascended once again. He always had a sense of guilt about what happened between them in the past. He couldn't let go and to prevent himself from feeling guilty, he could only act rudely whenever he saw his old master. As if trying to shift the blame to feel safe... Even a little bit of comfort was fine but it was more like a torture. The only people who treated him well, better than anyone, were the ones whom he himself treated unwell.

He felt a growing pain the more he indulged in his past. Without wasting further time he shot up at once. He knew it was impossible to make Lang Ying kill himself. But there was always another way.

The Soul Shifting Talisman...

Mu Qing hardened his heart and summoned the talisman. He took a deep breath and started to move forward to where Lang Ying was.

On the other side Qin Xiuying,  Pei Ming and Shi Qingxuan where on their way to Qi Rongs liar when suddenly they halted. It was Qiuying who stopped on her tracks first.

Pei Ming was still joking around and laughing loudly when suddenly he saw that Qiuying had stopped walking and glared at him.

She carefully scanned the surroundings as if checking if it was a safe spot to commit a murder. Shi Qingxuan also stood still and watched what was going on.

Pei Ming was just about to talk again when Qin Xiuying suddenly placed her hands over his mouth to shut him up. In the end due to the sudden movement, her hands brushed past his lips.

She couldn't help but want to curse herself to death. But then she just whispered to the other two to shut up and stay quiet.

But maybe it was too late and they had already gotten exposed. Qin Xiuying sudden felt a strong gust of wind pass her, and caught off guard she was sent flying a few meters away.

A woman clad in red suddenly clung onto Pei Ming like a snake. The way she was clinging onto him looked oddly seductive and in the end her nails pierced deep into him as she raised his head to face her.

Who else could it be if not Xuan Ji. Qin Xiuying had already sensed it and tried to quiet him down so as to escape faster. But in the end everything was in vain. She slowly got up in the distance and looked away.

Pei Ming hissed in pain and tried to push her away. But suddenly Xuan Ji bit his ears until blood came oozing out.

" Oh dear Pei~ I missed you so much...but look at you flirting with your new prey. Know what? You ain't any better than me... I pray those who I hate and you prey onto those who you find interesting... Hahhahaha! Don't you dare think you can ever leave me. I will let you play with her as well, but well, why don't you both die together today!!?"

She suddenly striked onto Pei Ming with an immense killing intent but Shi Qingxuan came as swift as the wind and hurled Xuan Ji away.

The two got ready to fight at once the moment they were free from her clutches. But Xiuying thought that it was a waste of time and instead signalled them to escape.

But from the other end, Qi Rong stood blocking their way.

" Hah, good job Xuan Ji, finally a good meal!"

Qin Xiuying laughed at how pathetic he seemed and pulled out her sword. Well maybe it was just better to get rid of these trashes before heading on to save the other two...