Another encounter with the Heavenly Emperor

As Pei Junior called Xie Lian as general Hua, Xie Lian realized that he was the same boy who accompanied Banyue in the past. Finally when all was sorted and they came out, it was Ling Wen who stood waiting for them.

Ling Wen greeted Xie Lian, " Dianxia, I am here to take general Pei Su with me."

She looked at Xiuying and nodded at her. Xiuying was still lost in her thoughts, thinking about how everything would progress now that the story had started to change.

She heard Xie Lian explaining things to Ling Wen and also that he wanted to protect Banyue from Pei Ming. The merchants were also rescued but then Ling Wen spoke up again.

"Your Highness...the boy next to you is? Doesn't seem like a merchant..."

" He ... He is San Lang...I met him while I was on my way to my shrine and from then on we have been companions..."

Ling Wen raised her eyebrows and asked," So he knows?"

"Yes he does know that I am a god...it's ok even if San Lang knows it now ..."

Hua Cheng just smiled and replied,
" Gege is right..."

Ling Wen's face was filled with doubt. She obviously suspected him to the core as a mere mortal wouldn't be able to even stand straight in the Sinner's Pit.

Nevertheless she bowed and was about to leave when Xie Lian suddenly asked if she knew the whereabouts of Nan Feng and Fu Yao. They said that they were tired and wanted to rest, but that rest got prolonged for so long that Xie Lian still didn't get a chance to meet them after leaving them in the abondoned city.

Ling Wen just casually spoke that their Generals were furious and suddenly called them back after knowing that they ran off without any words.

" They informed me about this and it was me who allowed them to go back... Sorry, it skipped my mind that I still hadn't informed you..."

Xie Lian, " Ahh it's okay, I understand your work load!"

Qin Xiuying was at a corner with Banyue. She saw Ling Wen walking away and as she walked past her she pulled her sleeves slightly and called her away.

Qin Xiuying sighed as she knew that there was something new again.

" Just why won't anyone let this grandma thirdwheel peacefully!!?"

Ling Wen opened a portal and asked her to follow. She once again looked back at Xie Lian but he was busy speaking to his companion, San Lang. Only Banyue noticed her and waved a good bye at her.

Sighing Qin Xiuying smiled and left along with Ling Wen.

As soon as she crossed the portal she found herself in front of the Great Martial Hall.

Ling Wen, " The Emperor needs to speak to you"

It was already clear after arriving in front of the hall. The Golden doors separated them from the one who trampled over thousands of officials who were previously in charge of the heaven.

Shudders went back Qin Xiuying's spine as she wondered what could it be now. The story had already started to change and it was now becoming harder and harder to predict the future. She felt fear for the first time. Her old life might have been boring but she really never wanted a tragic death. And now third wheeling Hualian seemed more like a dream after seeing the number of missions she got entangled with.

Was Jun Wu going to scold her for barging in the last time and for almost calling him by his first name. He couldn't be that petty, right?

Qin Xiuying took a deep breath as Ling Wen announced her arrival. She bowed down deeply and entered the Great hall. Jun Wu sat poised on his throne. His hands supporting his forehead with his eyes shut close. There was no one other than the present three. Jun Wu nodded his head with his eyes closed and signalled Ling Wen to leave.

Qin Xiuying felt even more awkward and uncomfortable than her times with Pei Ming. Honestly, she didn't hate him that much.

Obviously what all he did was unforgivable but somewhere she sympathized the slightest bit for him. After all, his past too was horrible, it was just like Xie Lians. Xie Lian was miserable but still ended up having a happy ending which he deserved. On the other hand...the most hated guy of the novel...had the worst ending. And because of it, he was driven by crazy hatred and destroyed everything that remained. Maybe if he tried he could change his story but his one mistake made him the greatest villian whom no one could forget.

People just remembered his flaws, not his achievements. And that was normal human psychology.

Qin Xiuying brushed away the chain of thoughts and somehow prayed that Ling Wen could accompany her. She somehow started to see her as her best friend in some way. Always helping her when in need.

Jun Wu then shot open his eyes and this time he didn't offer any smile which he usually did. He spoke right to the point and in a stern voice.

" There is a new mission for you. This time you did a great job though there were a few flaws. It was your first time so it's understandable. All the other three Generals too are in a better condition and are resting. But..."

His gaze locked with hers. She was too nervous to look staright at him. There was an unknown fear this time as she was all alone now.

" There is something else I need your help with. A town named Caidié is trapped in some mysterious illusion. Things are going on in an endless loop with same repetitive and never ending events. The amount of yin energy is too concentrated and if this continues...

I feel that this specific town is trapped in this endless loop of time, so as to increase the concentration of yin energy emitted from the people there. I am not sure, neither are the officials from Ling Wen palace. I want you to investigate the reason."

She tried to grasp as much as she could. But nothing matched with the story she knew. She nodded and replied, " I understand your Majesty, I will do my best this time"

" Ahh, what about ghost cityyy!!!, And Caidié town...sounds familiar but I can't remember!"

Jun Wu, " Good then...and yes Xiānlè will also accompany you once he is back. Because there is something there specifically related to you two... You wanted to know about your past and how you ascended, right? Well then, you might end up finding those answers once you take this mission."

His words made Qin Xiuying skip a beat. It was a joke last time, but her past? What did he mean to imply?