A Night at Puqi Village

"..."

Xie Lian, " Ahem ... You two-"

Qin Xiuying, " Mnn?"

San Lang raised and brow, " Hm?"

And this time both his companions were intently staring at him. There was an awkward silence for a while and the one to break it was no other than Xie Lian.

Xie Lian, " Is there something on my face? Why are you both looking at me like this?"

San Lang, " Gege is so brave that I greatly admire you already. And there isn't anything on your face except for your kind, gentle and most dignified appearance. "

Qin Xiuyin, "..."

Ho ho~ ...

Eh!? Why am I acting like that pervert Pei Ming! Gahhhh!

Xie Lian, " Ahh San Lang... Well nevermind, there seems to be two paths forked in front of us, which one to choose? If we choose the wrong one we might not be able to return and instead reach some Ghost liar... "

No one spoke up and after a good while Xie Lian brought out a jar from his scrap sack with some fortune sticks and started to bet on his luck.

Qin Xiuying pursed her lips while first handedly experiencing the luck of the God of misfortune.

San Lang, " Gege, may I give it a try?"

Xie Lian nodded with his head dropped down in embarrassment. And surprisingly San Lang's luck was way better and it seemed that whichever path he choose would be free of any hurdles.

San Lang, " So which one to go? It seems that both are fine..."

Xie Lian, "Either is fine, as you wish..."

And soon they drove across a random path with the old man in deep slumber after fainting and Qin Xiuying who tried to act or precisely was regarded as invisible in front of the two. But she didn't mind enjoying the conversation between the two in front of her.

While they were going, all were quiet for a good while and San Lang, who was driving the cart at that moment seemed exceptionally quiet but also didn't seem quiet surprised with the arrival of the new member.

Xie Lian suddenly realized that Qin Xiuying was all silent and decided to chat a bit with her.

Xie Lian, " Umm, so well, you are done with your work then? You seem so efficient and I greatly appreciate it!"

Qin Xiuying, " Ahaha, Gege is flattering me. But uhh, it seems like it was not quiet an appropriate time to join you...
Sorry Gege, I feel your new friend must be feeling awkward because of me..."

Xie Lian, " Ahh no, San Lang doesn't mi - ?

San Lang, " I don't mind at all..."

He spoke even before Xie Lian could finish saying, " San Lang doesn't mind, right?"

Qin Xiuying, " Ahh that's good then. So umm, let's get to know each other a bit then? Well so... Gege? He knows your identity, right?"

San Lang, " A Daoist cultivator... and to be more precise a Heaven Official in disguise of a fellow cultivator...Am I right?"

Xie Lian , "..., You sure know a lot..."

San Lang, " Well not really, it's just that your previous actions sure gave a lot of hints and ...
What's her name?"

Qin Xiuying, " I am Qin Xiuying..."

She felt greatly flattered with San Lang's initiative to know her name but the atmosphere between the two was always very tensed even though both tried to hide it by offering gentle and sweet smiles between each other.