Zhenlong Chess Formation (3)

Soon after accepting Qin Xiuying's proposal, Chu Wanning hesitantly started explaining what he planned to do. It was already time to execute the meticulous plan designed by the infamous Yuheng elder of Sisheng Peak. After all the yin energy had already concentrated to a great extent. 

Chu Wanning set up a complex array as he started to channel his spiritual energy in search of the chess piece. Beads of sweat appeared across his forehead while his eyebrows quivered from the excessive use of spiritual power. Qin Xiuying wanted to help, but the person in question was none other than elder Yuheng.  Him, accepting the assistance of others? He would rather give up on his cultivation than ask anyone to share his burden...

With Mo Ran unconcious in a corner, after a rather long time, Chu Wanning shot open his phoneix eyes. Qin Xiuying took it as a signal and at once a teleportation array appeared out of thin air. Qin Xiuying was teleported to a deserted back alley of Caidie town.

The entire alley was covered by an evil miasma which made her feel rather dizzy out of no where. She felt her own spiritual power draining rapidly. Stunned by the fact that even an heaven official could go weak under such condition, she somehow concentrated her spiritual power to connect to a communication array. In panic she had no idea about whom she connected the communication array with, but just as the official on the other end was about to question her, she felt a stabbing pain at her abdomen. She had been stabbed right through her vital point. At once she lost her already depleted spiritual powers under the influence of the miasma.

Without looking back she pulled out her own sword and pierced right through her attackers body. As she turned back, what greeted her was the bloody figure of a young boy. Her eyes widened in shock, sensing that she had eliminated the pawn in question without gaining anything out of it, but before she could register everything, she lost her consciousness and laid limp next to the dead body of the pawn.

*********

On the other side, Pei Ming, Ling Wen, Shi Wudu and Lang Qianqiu were having a discussion through a common communication array. It just so happened to be Qin Xiuying connecting to the wrong array while trying to contact Ling Wen. On hearing her distressed and muffling voice, all the three stopped their discussion at once, except the sleepy Qianqiu who was busy yawning. Ling Wen tried to grasp the situation while Pei Ming silently listened from the side after his initial shock subsided. Shi Wudu didn't care about the presence of the fifth official while Qianqiu dozed off in a languid way.

Before she could speak properly, a slight shriek escaped her throat accompanied by a thudding sound of something heavy falling... probably the pawn after getting attacked.

Ling Wen got anxious and kept calling out her name but soon enough the connection cut off.

Shi Wudu, "... Which official might be this weak to not be able to defend themselves?"

Ling Wen looked back while trying to explain, " She's a new official and we don't know what situation she might be in? How can we comment about someone's ability without knowing what's happening on the other side?"

Pei Ming gritted his teeth as he hurriedly tried to cut the two off, " Shi Wudu! She's an apprentice under me right now, and I can confirm she is capable enough..."

He looked at Ling Wen while clearly stating his point, " The situation doesn't seem good, are you able to track her location?"

Shi Wudu, "..." 'My one offhand statement could very well piss off these two, just what is she?!'

Lang Qianqiu after hearing what was going on in a half asleep half awaken state, came to the conclusion that their main discussion was over and decided to leave that somewhat chaotic gathering.

Shi Wudu sighed and took his leave knowing that there was nothing more left to do in there.

After some time, just as Ling Wen pinpointed Qin Xiuying's current location, Pei Ming immediately opened a distance shortening array. Ling Wen followed behind while sighing over Old Pei's anxiousness and feeling pitiful for Xuan Ji.

When the two reached, they found themselves within a miasma dispelling barrier with haitang flowers over the barrier. It was none other than Chu Wanning's special barrier. He had also hurried back to that alley after sensing the fluctuations in Qin Xiuying's spiritual energy.

Pei Ming stood still after seeing the aloof face of the cultivator clad in white. He muttered slowly, "Chu Wanning..."

Even Ling Wen seemed slightly shocked but soon enough returned a smile to the man in front of her.

After all, he was the same one who refused to be an official and an immortal after reaching the heavens and went down to the mortal realm to be a humble cultivator in the lower cultivation realm.

But before they could even recover from their initial shock, the sight that greeted them were the unconscious bodies of an unfamiliar child and Qin Xiuying.

Chu Wanning's cold voice resounded in the silence of the surroundings, "Her soul is unstable and unable to recover by normal means...I doubt she will regain her consciousness anytime soon..."

****

Qin Xiuying found herself in an unfamiliar surrounding. She wasn't sure about where she was but it definitely wasn't that same alley back there. She found herself in an avenue behind a glamorous Royal Palace.

Qin Xiuying wasn't truly in her body but rather it was her soul drifting apart to someone's memory fragments and seeing everything from the third person point of view. She somewhat understood that her consciousness wasn't in her own body after remembering what happened previously in that miasma.
She sighed and decided to let the events unfold naturally instead of contemplating if she truly was dead.

But the next thing that shocked her was that her surroundings very well depicted a few scenes from the beloved novel she had been reading before her transmigration.

That place was none other than the ancient city of Xianle!!