Wanning...

Once again Qin Xiuying stood all alone in the mortal realm. She sighed pathetically and changed her form into that of a normal mortal coming from some middle class family. She got herself changed into decent but not extravagant clothes and entered the town in front of her.

Caidié town... As far as she had gathered the information from Ling Wen, many scholars and daoist resided there. And the continuation of the same events, it all started since the arrival of a new cultivator a few days ago. The town was said to be infiltrated by ghouls and spirits for which that cultivator had arrived for cleansing and extermination.

Qin Xiuying entered through the city gates and was stopped by the guards there.

"Your identity?"

Caidié town wasn't such a simple town. Even though called a town, it was more like a big city. As this place was loaded with scholars, there were guards everywhere so as to protect the research works that went on. Many scholars even served at the mortal Emperor's court and hence the town was heavily guarded.

" My relatives stay here... here's my token"

She handed out a token given by Ling Wen from within her long hanfu sleeves and entered through the city gates.

"Halt"

Xiuying looked back on hearing the call. One of the guards came forward towards her and handed her a ear piece. It looked like some sort of a device.

"This is?"

The guard was a young man and on looking at her face he seemed to blush and spoke bashfully, " Young lady, you must not be aware but all outsiders are supposed to wear this device over their ears. It's a terminal used for communication within the city. You can gather any information you want through these terminals provided in this device...You will understand once you use this, here..."

The young man volunteered to help her adjust the device over her ears. And while adjusting his hands brushed past her ears. Suddenly he heard the coughing sound of his superior from behind. Realising his flaw he turned red, bowed and went back on duty.

Qin Xiuying didn't pay much heed and smirked as she walked past. Her new self was quiet attractive after all. She then focused on what she just heard.

"So, it seems like these people have advanced too far...there is no way that all this is related to the real story but ...this device, terminals and connection? Is it something like a local network, a smaller version of internet eh??!"

She touched that thing over her ear and from its shape it felt more like a hearing aid...strange...

She walked through the city roaming around in search of clues. The city was bustling with young scholars wearing imperial clothes. She looked around and spotted a small inn.

Inside the inn sat many people casually discussing about random stuff. After all there could be no better place to eavesdrop than an inn. She sat behind a table of three scholars. They were quiet young and were talking bout some research work.

What she heard and learnt from them was that a new research was going on. It was related to those terminals. Once attached they won't come off no matter what you do. It could only be removed outside the city gates. Hearing that Qin Xiuying forcefully pulled at her ears and found that it was indeed true...

"Intresting..."

She took a sip from her cup of tea and was about to move out when suddenly many people stood up to greet someone. It was a tall buff man who was extremely eye-catching. That man took a parcel and left hastily while smiling at those who greeted him.

Qin Xiuying stood as still as a statue. Just where on Earth was she? She was standing near the door and caught up in her intense stare she realised that she was blocking the way when she saw that man right in front of her.

She blurted out of shock..." It's really Mo...Mo Ran?...!?!!"

Mo Rans eyebrows seemed to become tense when he heard her words. Soon he relaxed his expression as he spoke back... " Young lady... It seems like you know me? Mind if we have a talk out for a second"

Unconciously she started blushing. Realising her fault she started coughing to get rid of the embarassment....

" Ahem young master, I don't really know you but ahh... If you have some thing to ask other than that, please go ahead ~"

He offered her a smile and asked her to follow him out of the inn.

Many of the customers at the inn kept staring seeing how a new face got invited personally by the one whom she called Mo Ran...

Outside in an alley way, Mo Rans face turned serious as he spoke.

" I don't know you but I also don't know how you know my name. Me and my shizun just arrived here a few days ago and came under disguised names...Just how do you know my real name?"

" Wait what?! Chu Wanning is also here!!!!! Oh shi*t—"

Qin Xiuying regretted her habit of blurting out nonsense at the wrong place and wrong time.

" Huh? Chu Wanning?!!! You know shizun also? And who gave you the right to call him by his name!?"

Qin Xiuying became upset after getting scolded by Mo Ran but the entire series of event was just too unreal.

" Well well you see, your Elder Yuheng is so capable that he even had a chance to ascend as a god. And this must be very well known to you... So you see it's not that difficult for me to know considering my own identity. What if I say that I am a heavenly official...Will you believe me?"

A/N* Okay haha I took a long break cuz of exams and they will be starting again soon but till then lemme just confess, I forgot the entire plot which I was going to follow for this story ʕ⁠´⁠•⁠ ⁠ᴥ⁠•̥⁠'⁠ʔ !