Zhenlong Chess Formation (4)

At the corner of the avenue was a small child curled up in fear. He wore robes resembling those of the nobles, but surrounding him were a bunch of elder kids, laughing and mocking at his disheveled state. The child was ruthlessly kicked right on his face by one of his bullies.

Qin Xiuying could do nothing but silently observe from a corner. After all she now didn't possess any physical body, it was just her consciousness witnessing everything from a third person point of view.
She sighed but suddenly something struck her. The child seemed familiar and she had already guessed that it was probably the pawn that she had eliminated. But what surprised her was the strange resemblance in its face with that of Xie Lian. She stood still from the initial shock for a moment, while scrutinizing that miserable figure in front of her.

It definitely wasn't right! Xie Lian never got bullied in childhood according to the novel and although the face was similar to his...they still weren't exactly the same.

But only after thinking closely did she realise that the child definitely wasn't Xie Lian but rather his infamous cousin, Qi Rong! She was so shocked by her own discovery that only after a good while did she notice the arrival of a person standing silently behind the bullies. That person stood tall with a cape covering their face. They stood for a while silently and then suddenly the kids went flying with the swing of their hand. Qi rong was shuddering after seeing the brute force and started to quiver. Qi Xiuying wondered who this could be, there obviously wasn't any description for a character like this tgcf.

Suddenly Qi rong's saviour picked him up in their arms. It was hard to determine if they were a man or woman. Qi rong was already scared and started struggling. The cape covering the face fell off n revealed the face of a woman.

Qin Xiuying finally understood why Jun Wu said she might discover her past after this mission. What she saw made her doubt her own eyes. The woman in front was none other than her. She had the exact same profile as her but rather a cold attitude.

Qin Xiuying's mind stopped functioning as she blindly observed the things unfold before her. The woman had no smile on her face but she started comforting the trembling child in her arms. Qi rong finally stopped struggling. Once he had calmed down, the woman in front of him put him down and said something.

"Your brother will be her soon..."

And just like that she left.

Qi rong stood silently. Soon enough Xie Lian came running for him. Qin Xiuying just silently watched the things unfold while staring blankly.

******

On the other side, Qin Xiuying's body was laid down on her bed. Chu Wanning was continuously pouring in spiritual energy but it was to no avail. Two days passed by, but she didn't wake up. Pei Ming seemed rather concerned checking on her everyday. Sadly he never cared like this for Xuan Ji.

When Jun Wu heard about the events, he just silently smiled. Finally he summoned Chu Wanning to the martial hall.

" Chu zongshi... It's a pleasure to meet you. This old one almost thought that I wouldn't be able to meet you again after you rejected the proposal to be a heaven official."

Chu Wanning, " Your majesty...I think the reason you called me here isn't for talking about the past"

Jun Wu tapped his fingers and smiled again. " Always on point...haha rather expected. Well then the reason I called you... I want you to stop whatever you're doing. No need to waste your spiritual energy on her. It's useless "

Chu Wanning frowned, " Just what exactly are you trying to imply"

" She won't wake up anytime soon, howsoever you try... rather what interests me is your disciple Moran. I want him here"

Chu Wanning didn't reply but coldy stared back. He was clearly irritated to the core. Without caring about any consequence, he straight up decided to disrespect the greatest one of the heavens and left the martial hall without turning back or even saying a single word before leaving.

Chu Wanning made up his mind to entrust duties to the other officials as to how to take care of Qin Xiuying while he leaves to the mortal realm. He definitely didn't want Mo Ran to get involved in any of this and hence decided to go back. Everything was a mess as his original plan had long since diverted from the predicted path.

*****

Qin Xiuying on the other hand was now nothing but a silent observer. She was out of her wits after seeing herself in the novel as a character. And was that even truly her?! How could that even be possible, was all she thought. And what amused her was the fact that Jun Wu had already said that she would get hints about her past after this mission. How could he have known when she wasn't even a character in this novel?! Was she always under the manipulation of him without even realising, and did he already know she wasn't from this world? There was no way to determine that as of now and that fact alone made her mind go even crazy.

Xie Lian was hugging Qi rong as he inquired what had just transpired. He swore to take care of the bullies who treated his cousin like that. Qi rong didn't reply. At long last he spoke up, "I want to meet her, my saviour!"

Xie lian, "?"....

(A/N* I had written half of this chapter about 5 months ago and now I'm lost myself and have forgotten the plot💀, so yep imma change it again a bit😭)