Extra Chapter: The Woman who Killed her Lover

“I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for.”
― J.K. Rowling,Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

25 years ago, Victor Manor.

Lindy’s POV:

My fingers trembled from fear as his cries of agony resonated through the solemn, dark halls.

Those cries were heart wrenching, with every loud sob or scream- a part of me died.

I clutched the curtains tightly as another anguished howl tore through the heavy, dread filled air.

“You are to stay in there till morning without any food!” Roy’s holler could be heard through the darkest cervices of the night.

Roy.

The man I had fallen in love with, completely and utterly.

The man who bound me to this cage of gold.

The sound of a door being locked and shut made me cringe as I tried to comprehend the situation I was just put in.

The rattling sound of keys danced too loudly on the walls- causing me to shiver.

He locked him!

My eyes widened in panic as I tried to comprehend the situation. I didn’t know the extent of the damaged that was done on Marienne. I tried to fathom what I could do in this situation.

My infidelity to the Victors could be severely punished.

Even though I did not like Sarah and hated her for taking away my Roy, I couldn’t hold any grudge against the small boy. He was innocent to all of these.

I had a small boy too and I needed tobe sympathetic to him. At least for the good karma it might hold.

The floor groaned under his loud, confident strides.

From my periphery, I could only catch a glimpse of his broad back as it disappeared into the vast hallway.

He was heading to his studies.

After Sarah’s death, Roy has been unstable.

His once confidence demeanor was shadowed by an unseen cloud of darkness. Something in his eyes changed, the gleam that shone with aspirations, was replaced by the haunt of her death.

Sarah’s death didn’t come as a surprise to any of us. She was becoming more unstable as time passed- sometimes harming herself in front of Marienne.

What did take me by surprise was his second marriage. I did not know why he married Audrey- he should have been with me right?

He barely spoke to me, not even an eye contact. He called me Ms. Cardeux, as if we never had anything between us.

Why was he behaving like this?

I needed to speak with him.

Gulping down the nervousness that had formed in my throat, I stalked to his study.

This has to end today.

With every slow step I took, the erratic beating of my heart became more unstable. An uncertain fear for something ominous danced inside me as my gut clenched, my heels clicking too loudly on the marble floor.

I must confront him, his behaviour is getting out of hand.

Standing in front of the large oak door, I took a shaky breath, glancing cautiously around for anyone that might see me entering. Once I was assured that no one would bother us- I slowly turned the knob of the door and let myself in.