73: The Silent Moon

I just found out I am an INFJ according to MBTI personality test. You can take one too in 16personalities.com

"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."

— Albert Einstein

Lindy's POV:

I watched as they walked in the mansion, hand in hand.

A violent anger, vehemence and unadulterated hatred filled my being as I took them in.

They seemed so happy, it was unfair.

It was unfair for them to be happy- it was unfair for that man to be happy.

That boy, he took away my husband, my son- two people with whom my heart resided. He didn't deserve to be happy.

He was expecting a child, something he did not deserve to experience.

They were coming closer, to the point where I could see myself and Roy inside them.

It wasn't good, not good at all.

My heart clenched in crippling pain as I glared at their joined hands and bright smiles.

They were finding love where my boy rested in grave.

They might not realize it but they were more alike than they realized. This factor brought them closer by moments.

This is what tied them together- like a string, even though they couldn't be repaired, they could be together.

And this is what irritated me the most.

Their fates made their emotions tangible to each other, they could read each other, it was clear every time they looked into each other's eyes.

The most infuriating thing was, they were beginning to trust each other.

I thought it wasn't possible. I thought Rose wouldn't give her abuser the chance to mend his mistakes- but she was more pathetic than I thought.

Throw some money and smile charmingly and she brought to her knees.

She disgusted me.

When I first saw her, she was like this naïve, broken girl- I pitied her and my heart cried for her; but now, seeing her act like this-

My stomach churned.

At the end, they all love money and good looks.

I hated them with a passion, they took away my life from me- and now they were finding their lives inside each other.

I fumed, my nerves tightened as an inferno of sanguine vengeance ran down my spine. I shivered as black and red began to dance in front of my vision.

The audacity!

They had to pay- he had to pay. He can't go without getting what he deserved.

He took away my child, so I will take away his.

This is how the world works, this is how everything works- it's nature's course. Do something wrong and unjust and it will come at you.

Ardent, my son- he was tortured by that cruel monster.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath as my heart palpitated with mind numbing agony. It still felt like an illusion, that day....

Sometimes, I feel like it was all a dream. Everything was a dream. I felt like Ardent was still alive- he will come back a week later, just how he used to do when he was angry at me.