1: Her

"Mother's love is so powerful, it heals your soul"- Unknown.

Cold.

Where was I?

My whole body hurt, my eyes weighted like two heavy stones.

But still, I tried to open them.

Slowly...

Was that a hand that was on my forehead?

Oh no! Did they find me?

"......Will she be okay?....."

Me? Okay? But who was concerned for me?

My parents died when I was three and my foster parents tried to sell me off to some bad men. My foster siblings couldn't bear me except for my eldest foster brother.

Who would be concerned for me?

I struggled as the headache hit me with it's full force.

Open your eyes!

"....She was badly hurt..."

Yes, I was.

My heart ached and they tortured me.

"...Can I adopt her?...."

Someone wants me as their daughter?

Why?

I ran away from my home and was a child with many fears. I resembled a bony skeleton after years of being ill fed. I was a sore burden.

Why would anyone want a burden?

I slowly opened my eyes as my blurred vision halted on..... a woman?

The woman seemed to be crying. Her hand was on my forehead as she animatedly talked with the doctor.

When her gaze stopped on me, she smiled kindly at me, "You are awake child!"

I only stared at her, observing her.

"What pretty brown eyes you have! You are so strong!"

My eyes widened in shock.

I was used to being called a pathetic coward, a naïve girl, a product and when my mommy was alive she used to call me angel.

But no one called me strong.

She smiled brightly at me, "Don't worry, amore, you're safe now. No one's gonna harm you."

..So, they won't come back?

"You are safe now my love," the lady repeated, her smile was brighter than the sun, "I'm Cassedy."

Cassedy.

The woman who gave me a new life.

She was my mother.

And I couldn't ask for more as a girl who escaped the clutches of monsters.

My entreaties, my tears, my whispers of prayer..... everything mingles into one as I desperately wished that I wouldn't be found by that monster.

Rose's POV:

Throughout our life, we come across many odds, many reflections. Different shades of color, different shades.

The blues of miseries, the red of passion and our life that is indulged in black and white. We live in everything that is grey.

Grey that is the color of dreams, the color of nightmares.