38: Her Liar Angel

"There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle."

― Albert Einstein

"The rest of the girls pretended not to notice. That's just what best friends do."

― Sara Shepard, Pretty Little Liars

Rose's POV:

I bawled my eyes out as mama hugged me closer to her, tightening her hold on me.

So long..... It felt so long......

"There my child..." She whispered as she stroked my hair softly, "Hush...."

I sniffled. It felt like heaven in my mother's arms.

I pulled back gazing at her. She was a few inches shorter than me.

"My child.... You are alive..." She whispered, touching the side of my cheeks, "What happened? H-How-"

I sighed as I put on a bright smile, wiping away my tears, "Mama, I will tell you everything- but first I need to eat something.... and-" My eyes shifted on Calissa who was gawking at us with wide eyes. Her hands held a tray containing foods.

"Mama?" I motioned her toward Calissa, who put the food on a table and ran a hand over her skirt and hair in order to tidy it, "That's Calissa. She has been taking care of me- since-"

She turned into the direction of Calissa, her eyes softening. My best friend had a huge grin plastered over her face. She walked over to us and extended a hand to her, "Hello mam! I am Calissa!"

Mama took her hand and shook it, still somewhat dazed. Both of them pulled back and looked at me, mama's eyes falling over my stomach and lingering there for a moment.

"M-Mama-" I stuttered out, nervously as I placed a hand over my stomach, "Let's have a meal. I promise to tell you everything as soon as we get to our home. You are coming with us."

She nodded, a hint of shock and disbelief still etched onto her features.

We sat ourselves on the nearby barstool. A woman emerged from the kitchen and placed a bowl of paella and something else in front of us. "We didn't order paella...." I frowned at the waitress.

"I did," mama uttered softly, "Rose, I am opening a new branch here in Oxford.."

An unladylike screech left me, the alien sound causing some of the other customers to turn back at out direction. "Really?! Oh my god mama! That's awesome!"

Calissa observed us with interest as she slowly took a bite of her burger.

"Yes, and I am originally here for market research purposes. I have ate so much today...." I stared at her in awe as I took a bite of the garlic bread, she smiled at me lovingly. "We should probably eat. We have a lot to discuss."

___________________________________________________________

It wasn't long before we had finished our meal and was heading home. Mama and Calissa made small conversations most of which included food, flavors and all those stuffs.

I swear they were such foodies sometimes. They could eat a whole mountain if offered.

"Ramen bowl with lots of spice or fettucini bowl with a lot of cream and cheese?"

"I love both mam..." She stopped for a moment, "But I am a fan of spice. So I would go for ramen. But, if the fettucini bowl has more meat, I would probably reconsider."

"Oh my Rose!" She exclaimed joyfully, "This child has a taste for foods! Tell me child, do you wish to eat anything specific today? I will cook! I run a restaurant back in London. It's called 'Flavor of Sp-"