15: Encagement

"Poets are shameless with their experiences: they exploit them."

― Friedrich Nietzsche

Rose's POV:

The atrophy, the decay, the solemn I harbor in my soul, seemed to become more prominent as I vowed to liberate myself from this abhorrent circumstance.

I was nervous, but I had never felt better.

But the question arose, how?

The question on which my breath halted, the question which made my budding hope raze in the soil before I could nurture it.

The question, of which's answer even I was unaware of.

Another day had passed since I last saw Marienne. Another day of my captivation. Another daylight of a manacled me, submerged into a raging ocean of fear, fatigue and hopelessness.

Unsurprisingly, Lindy didn't visit me yesterday. I anticipated it since I pulled the little trick on Marienne.

My feelings were all over the place, yet measured, aligned and as perfected as a syzygy, in case Marienne or Lindy who swore her life and loyalty to Marienne, found out about my little rebellious thought.

Show enough, enough to make them believe that you are flexible.

But never let them know that you are flexible enough to throw them back whatever they are giving you.

I sighed. For the past hour, I had been sitting on the rough bed mindlessly. I tried to conjure up a plan, but not a thing what so ever presented itself in my mind.

And the hunger, the fatigue was gripping me hard, making me weak. My stomach grumbled occasionally, letting me know of it's displeasure. The voracious me was craving for some food.

Even though, the barely there ray of light tried to illuminate the ratty cabin through the broken rim of the ventilator, it wasn't doing a great job. I could hardly see the broken clock that was dismounted at the edge of the other side of the room.

Black dots were starting to appear in front of my eyes, engaging themselves in a primitive dance.

I could feel a storm of nausea and fatigue approaching me with it's ferocity, but I kept calm, trying to focus more on everything that I had come to known as elysian and beautiful.

I wanted to drown myself into my own little paracosm, detaching myself from the harsh reality while coming up with a blueprint which can defeat it.

Oh god....

A swarm of vertigo hit me, making my head spin. It felt like the whole chamber was facing an earthquake while drowning me into the sublimity of it. It was, as if, I was an intruder and the infrastructure was determined to throw me out of this chamber.

I fisted my hair and closed my eyes, waiting for the pantagruel swirl to blur out into the monotone air.

I let out a whimper as my body seemed to let itself collapse. It felt like I was standing between the ocean bodies collision. The water was mingling, but not mixing, as if they had feud with each other and I was struck in between their rivalry, neither drowning, nor standing.

Whimpering at the nauseating feeling, I let my body degenerate, letting itself commit defeat in a suicidal manner. A whine escaped me as my back came in contact with the cold bedsheet as my physique lost the battle.

Hours of hunger, the beatings, the degradation, everything seemed to pour down on me, all at once. I only clenched my fists, grabbing a handful of bedsheet which I hoped would subdue this mind benumbing feeling.