46.1: Her Stoned Heart

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.

Rose's POV:

Darkness.

Vague whirlpool of darkness.

That was all my eyes could register as they opened.

Where was I?

What had happened?

A faint, throbbing pain in my temple made me flinch. I pressed a finger over the anguishing area and closed my eyes shut for a couple of seconds. I sat up, feeling uneasy.

I felt my hair fall over my face, blocking the remnant of the light out.

"Lord! Rosel you're awake!" I flinched upon hearing Calissa's loud hollering. Why was everything so loud? I could probably hear the noisy generator next door.

"Huh- Wh-What happened?" I stammered out, seemingly losing control over my tongue. It felt like I was injected by a powerful sedative. Even my mouth felt sour.

"Rosel- you don't remember? A man was here and you-"

It felt like a zapping electricity ran through my body, awakening my nerves wide, making me realize the graveness of the situation.

Fear gripped my soul like a vice, like a gnat of darkness had come at me and swallowed me whole- I felt breathless, like I had never learned to breathe in the first place.

Like a swarm of hawk had began to attack me and bit off chunks of fleshes from various parts of my body.

Sure, a man was here.

A man who had damaged me, a man who had kept me captive, tormented like an animal. He had shattered me.

A man who did the cruelest things imaginable to me- inhuman and barbaric.

I hate him.

So much so, I hurts me to even think about him.

The man we were talking about, was the epitome of cowardice. He believed what he wanted to and he did what he wanted to- later on blaming it over his condition.

"Th-The man-" I looked up at her with fearful eyes, "Wh-Where is he?"

Her features transformed immediately. Her expression that was of concern and worry, morphed into one of raw rage and loathe within a span of a second.

"He was the man who took you hostage, isn't he?" She spat out, her jaw clenching, "He is the one who blamed you for his fiancée's murder, no?"

I nodded my head shakily.

I was frightened, of him, of everything. I didn't want to face him- I didn't want to let him know about the life that was growing inside me.

But then again, he probably knew.

I tried to recall his face before I blacked out. I could only see his face for a brief time, but for some reason his expression was latched into my mind like a broken movie reel.

He looked so..... broken, vulnerable, haunted by something invisible. He was afraid and happy at the same time. He was ecstatic, frightened and livid at the same time.

Disgusting, he was disgusting.

I was tempted to lie to myself and say he was looking like a lunatic he was but truth never perishes no matter how much we falsify it.