6: Only The Dead Knows

"Three can keep a secret if two of them are dead,"- Benjamin Franklin.

Rose's POV:

I was back in the beautiful pathway that led to Victor manor.

A manor that screamed of darkness.

The roads seemed dull, yet strangely alive, as if, it was talking to me. The murmur of the dry leaves at the beginning of the winter and the hum of the gentle breeze played like a monotonous music in my ears.

I just stood there, in the secluded road, all alone as the autumn breeze caressed me gently, reaching deep into my soul.

I felt like a diaspora, standing there in the strange, dark valley.

Suddenly, all the colours that was in the background and melted together in a bland combination. Everything swirled as I stood there, trembling.

Something bad was going to happen, I knew it.

The colours that melted together, suddenly, started separating, creating a vague form of shades.

Red. Black. Brown. Scarlett.

It was like witnessing a mighty artwork unfold in front of me. Shades of red, brown and black diademed the canvas, yet not getting mixed together, as if they harboured misogyny.

The form became more vivid as the lifeless colours brought life in the painting.

And then, like a gentle stroke of a fine paintbrush on the canvas, an obnoxiously metallic smell of blood wafted in my nostrils.

Blood!

The colours swirled and turned into something more vivid. I could see the form clearly now.

I scrunched up my nose as the smell of fresh blood became more intense, almost unbearable. I walked to the figure through the blur and hollow, my instinct telling me to stop.

One step.... two steps...

My legs halted abruptly as I took in the figure.

Madeline!

She was laying there, the pool of her own blood, her lifeless eyes that were open, made her look extremely disturbing.

I started to hyperventilate and my body shook vigorously.

HELP!

I tried to scream, but nothing came out of my mouth.

It was becoming harder to breathe.

Help.....

I started struggling for air. I was gasping and writhing.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!" A loud voice echoed throughout the blur of the colours, making me flinch.

I have to run...

But my legs felt like it was made out of stone, they weren't moving.

Suddenly, a man with hauntingly beautiful turquoise eyes emerged from the azimuth of the frightening shades that surrounded me. He had an unforgiving looks plastered on him, his jaw clipped, fists clenched.

He didn't look any less than a goliath.

He advanced to me, like a predator.

Help...

I gasped like a fish out of the water. I couldn't breathe.

Help....

He seemed determined as he strode toward me at a supernatural speed.