31: The Paragon of the Opprobrious

Bon sang ne saurait mentir. (French) What's bred in the bone will come out in the flesh. ("Good blood doesn't know how to lie.") - French Proverb.

Those who are lazy and don't know what the headline means- Paragon- A pattern of excellency Opprobrious- Utterly shameful; disgraceful.

They called him a monster and so, he became one.

Marienne's POV:

I didn't like Lindy's affection toward that bastard.

I didn't like how he claimed to have sleep with the love of my life with so much ease and calmness.

But I had more pressing matters in my hand.

I had to interrogate this Safina who dared drugging me.

Liquid rage ran in my veins as I began to see flares. My fists clenched and unclenched on their own accord.

I tried to get up from the bed, my ribs hurt, muscles protested, yet I managed to get myself to a sitting position.

My monsters were reincarnating themselves. I could hear their footsteps from a distance. They were emerging from deep within my core, slowly unveiling their hideous form from under the dreary darkness that twined around me like devil's vice.

My fists clenched, jaw locked as I tried to summon myself to control. A sound of footsteps startled me, making my diabolic self disappear.

Lindy reappeared, this time her gloved hands held a tray full of fruits.

Cheesecake and now fruits? Was she trying to give me diabetes?

My eyes narrowed on them.

"Did you summon the woman who drugged me?"

"She didn't appear in work today monsieur...." Lindy breathed, "I tried to reach out to her and-"

"FUCK!" I bellowed, making her flinch, liquid anger ran down me as I glared at her, "Do YOU understand, tante, if those photographs get leaked, what would happen to me?!"

"I summoned Mr. Russel," She mumbled in a shaky voice, "He is getting in touch with the lawyer team and everyone in case the photos are already leaked-"

"Didn't I tell you to be extra cautious when you hire help?!" I spat vehemently as I glared a hole in her, scarlet floret trenching my vision, my demons rising in the distance of my mind.

It was probably a stunt for money.

Or fame.

Or both.

Probably to drag the Victors in mud, probably to show the whole world what a monster Marienne Carlisle Victor is.

A well kept secret.

I felt blood rush in my brain and closed my eyes from the intensity of the vertigo I was feeling.

My monsters rose from their slumber as my eyes darkened with a turbulence of rage.

"Lindy," I gritted out, "Why they find this Safina, bring her straight to me. If she is shot, her dead body. I want evidence and rest. Tell them to remove any and every trance of any photograph of my intimate moments with that woman."

She jolted like as if someone had electrocuted her, falling into a curtesy and then turning back. observed her from as she excused herself from my room.

I looked out. Indigo mingled with a loud shade of vermillion, birds dissipated, probably in a hurry to return home. The amber tinted clouds glittered like pure gold. It was as if some artist was playing with the colors, purple, violet, indigo, orange, deep red- it was all there, chaotic yet arranged.