14: Escape Plan

"Aim higher in case you fall short. "

― Suzanne Collins, Catching Fire

(TRIGGER WARNING)

Rose's POV:

"Sweet Rose..... Do you know what am I going to do?" His distorted voice croaked, making my skin crawl in disgust.

"N-No...." I whispered, flinching away from his perverted touch.

"Oh don't go!" He mocked, nearing me. His ugly face was lit up with a merciless smirk, making a bile rise up my throat, "You will feel pleasure! I promise!"

My six year old self didn't know what to do, I only perlustrated him with fear. I was backing away from him, my foster father, but he just kept approaching me with his painfully slow stance.

"Rose...." He mocked as he shook his head in disapproval, "You should know better by now, shouldn't you? You should know better than to disobey my orders."

NO!

Suddenly, it felt like I was being submerged into a water body.

I can't breathe!

He pounced on me, like an animal in heat, craving for someone, something, anything to fill his filthy rotten desires. My body went cold as I screamed with all the might a six year old could muster up, but I was no match for his burly frame.

And then I felt my clothes being ripped out, baring my bruised body that my foster mother presented me.

I screamed, cried. Nothing helped. At one point, he just clamped one of his desiccated hand on my mouth, cutting of my screams.

And then the pain. The shocking, rippling, earth shattering pain.

"It will be over sweet Rose.... Pleasure after pain..."

The water was pulling my body in, the ebb and the tide of it startling my form, rocking it forcibly like a boat stuck in the middle of a hurricane. I struggled to swim, to survive, but the wave knocked me over and over, until it had succeeded pushing me in into the water body.

I tried to kick and swim..... To reach the shore...but.....

Then everything became white. Plain white. No color, nothing. Just a blank mirage of a canvas.

And I?

I existed no longer. My soul had just been crushed and defiled.

I was a defiled woman without virtue.

Unworthy of love.

Unworthy of the love mama Cassedy showered me with, unworthy of the love my foster brother showed me.

I was a broken shell of a woman. A shadow, a whisper of a ghost.

I lived in my nightmares, I breathed in them, they were a part of me like my skin and blood.

And then I was being choked.

My lungs burned as I struggled for oxygen.

Breathe.....

I woke up with an obnoxiously loud scream that echoed into the labyrinth of the disoriented chamber, letting itself linger on the air and then disappearing into it, losing it's existence.

Silence.

Deafening, heartbreaking silence.

The one that was a stinging reminder of the victimization that was ascribed upon me, the one that reminded me how much of a lonely, pathetic woman I really was.