Chapter 20: Mixed feelings

Jack's POV

I felt afraid going to school. I was afraid to see Elsa. Never have I been so afraid in my life. I still liked her, but I also kinda hated her. For what reason? I have no idea. I questioned myself over and over again when I was walking to my locker. I quickly hid behind a wall when I saw Elsa at her locker, I didn't dare to face her.

"Jack!" I turned around and saw Tina running towards me. "Where have you been? I called you yesterday but you didn't answer!"

"I....uh... My phone was sent for repairing yesterday. I couldn't switch it on." I lied to Tina.

"Oh ok. So what's your class now? Mine is computer."

"Physical education." I replied.

"Well see you later!" Tina kissed me on the cheek and left.

I took another look, Elsa was gone, good. I quickly headed to my locker and got my stuff. I avoided all the stares and made my way to the field. Hiccup and Merida were there. "Hey Jack." Hiccup patted me on the shoulder. "How's the seed doing?" 

"Well the leaves....  I mean, the plumule has grown and some big who knows what thing grew as well."

"That's the cotyledon." Mer replied.

"You look tired, didn't sleep well?" Hiccup asked.

"No.... I just have a problem. But don't worry, I can handle it."

"Ok."

I looked around and monitored every student, Elsa wasn't there, I let out a sigh of relief. I didn't want to see her so soon. Our teacher finally came, and told us to do some warm ups, then we jogged around the field, twice! I was exhausted. Merida on the other hand, didn't break a sweat! Suits her, she is super active when it comes to sports. Hiccup just collapsed on the field, he was out of breath. That kind of bookworm, doesn't belong at the field at all. 

"Come on, get up! The teacher's calling us!" I said as I grabbed Hiccup's hand and pulled him up.

The teacher assembled us and gave us a talk which I didn't listen. We then headed back to our lockers, Elsa wasn't there, again, excellent. I took a look at my schedule and the next class was Science. Hiccup and Merida's was also Science. So we walked to the lab and we took our seats. Punzie was already waiting for us. 

"So, can we write today's report now?" Punzie asked as she took out her pen.

"Yeah sure, the plumule's grown." I replied.

We were just about to write our report when a shadow fell over us. I turned around, expecting to see Mr Kangaroo. But no, my heart sank when I saw who it was, Elsa. She took her usual seat, and that was beside me. I felt extremely uncomfortable sitting with her. 

"Hey Elsa, you're just in time. We are about to write the report." Mer said and Elsa nodded.

We wrote down our reports and Mr Kangaroo came in. "All right class, take out your books! I want to see your reports about the seed so far." With that, he walked around the class, inspecting each student's book. Some got scolded, probably because not doing their reports or something.

After that, he began teaching and I was busy talking to Hiccup. "Mr Frost and Mr Haddock!" I jumped and I saw the teacher glaring at me and Hiccup. Hiccup got up and stammered, "Y-yes...S-sir?" Then I got up and crossed my arms, and said, "Yeah, Mr Kangaroo?" The whole classed laughed. I just couldn't resist saying that.

"Detention to both of you!" He pointed to both of us. Hiccup gave me a hard nudge saying "Why did you do that?! Now I have to be in detention!"

"Oh come on, it's not too bad." I whispered to him.

"Miss Arens!" Mr Kangaroo called. I was shocked. 

Elsa immediately got up. "Y-Yes? Did....Did I do something wrong?"

"Oh no you didn't. I just want you to watch over these two boys in detention later." He replied. What?! I yelled in my mind. Why Elsa? Why did she have to do that?! I felt happy and sad at the same time, and I didn't know why. Elsa looked at me and I stared into her beautiful crystal blue eyes. "What are you looking at?" Elsa asked me. I quickly diverted my attention and said "Nothin'."

I stopped talking to Hiccup and daydreamed instead. I just stared at Elsa, thinking about everything that my parents told me yesterday. Elsa was so sweet, so kind, I never thought she could ever do that. I wanted to talk to her, but I just couldn't find the right words to say. Ice, snow, powers, all this is too much for me.

DON'T FORGET TO

READ

COMMENT

VOTE

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!