Chapter 50: Dodge ball

Elsa's POV

"The five girls in front and the five boys in front! You ten are in the game! The rest, go cheer for your friends." Coach instructed. The girls went to the half of the court while the boys went to the other half. I smiled at Jack and he winked back at me. Coach blew his whistle and the game started. The game went off to quite a good start, with the girls taking the first point, we all cheered. I smirked at Jack.

The game went on and on, with the boys starting to come from behind. I threw my dodge ball and it hit right on Matthew's face. Haha! I laughed in my mind. I saw Jack giving me a thumbs up sign. I gave him a weird look. I just earned a score for the girls, not the boys! Maybe he's just happy that I got Matthew because of that day.

I wanted to hit Jack with my dodge ball, it would be fun and it would hurt at the same time. A boy threw a ball and I managed to catch it, so he's out. The girls are still currently leading with 2-1. "We are so gonna win this." A girl beside me said. "Totally." I agreed with her. Too bad for Jack. I smiled to myself.

I looked back at all my team mates. I was quite surprised that I didn't notice that Tina was there too. I immediately steered clear away from her. It's just a dodge ball game, but anything could happen when she's here. Tina flung her dodge ball at Jack but she missed. I let out a sigh of relief. Yep, either she just wants to win the game, or she could be avenging Jack. I focused back on the game. I threw a few more balls and most of them hit my targets. "Useless boys." Another girl said and giggled. I too laughed in my mind.

I glanced at Jack, he was gasping for breath. I threw him a smile and he looked at me. It's as if we could read each other's mind. He gave me that look which means that he doesn't like a situation. Too bad, so sad, Jack. I said in my mind and Jack looked like he understood that. He smiled slyly at me. A ball came flying towards me but I dodged it.

There were like 3 girls and 2 boys left. We could win this easily. Except that I just don't know whether I should hit Jack with the dodge ball. Oh never mind, the rest can do that. I focused on the other boy. That boy was really good at dodging.

I was enjoying myself when something hard hit my head from behind, I fell flat on my stomach. Ouch, what was that? It couldn't have been from the boys, because the ball came from behind! I heard a menacing laugh behind me. I turned around and saw that it was from Tina. "Elsa!" Jack rushed to me. "You ok?" He examined me. "Jack," I pushed him away. "I'm fine." I smiled at him.

"TINA!" Jack charged towards Tina. "How dare you do that! I saw it with my own eyes! You aimed the dodge ball to Elsa!" He furiously said. 

"So? Who cares?" Tina asked, crossing her arms.

"I do! I care!" Jack snapped. "How dare you do that to Elsa!" He yelled.

"You were never this protective when you were my boyfriend." Tina replied, acting like she had done nothing wrong.

"That is the PAST." Jack said angrily.

"So? You were still my boyfriend once!" Tina argued.

"Well, I moved on, got it?! I have a new girlfriend now, and I realised that she is better than you." Jack shouted.

Tina grabbed a dodge ball that was beside her foot. "On second thought, I should have hit you instead of Elsa." She said.

"Don't care." He shrugged.

"Can you two just....Stop?!" I asked. This is getting really annoying.

"No!" Jack and Tina said at the same time. I just sighed and got up. This is gonna go on for like how long?! Where's coach? I asked myself as I looked around. He was no where to be found. "Elsa? You ok?" My team mate asked me. I nodded and smiled.

"Listen here Tina, I will never, NEVER EVER be your boyfriend again, got it?" Jack shouted. "Besides, you were the one that wanted to break up at the party and said you didn't want to see me ever again! You now showed me who you really are, pure hate and jealously, you don't deserve a second chance."

Coach finally came back. "Has the game ended?" He asked. "Sort of." A student answered. "What's going on here?!" He asked. 

"There was a little...accident." I replied.

"Injury?" Coach asked worriedly.

"No, nothing." I quickly replied.

"Well," He cleared his throat, "You are all dismissed now."

Jack finally went away from Tina and ran to me. "You ok? Sure?" Jack held my hand with a worried face. "Chill down, I'm fine." I smiled at him. "Oh he nerve of her to hit you with that dodge ball...." Jack grunted. I ruffled his hair playfully.

It was lunch time, and we headed to the cafeteria. Jack was still sulking. "Come on, quit it." I ordered. "Hmm!" He said. He was still quite mad, I walked to Anna and the rest. "Hey Elsa!" Mer called. I waved a small hi to her.

"Something wrong, Jack?" Hiccup raised a brow. Jack kept silent, still mad. "He's just mad because of the game." I replied for him.

"Game?" Anna asked.

"Dodge ball." I said.

"What happened?!" Eugene asked.

"Just a little accident, no biggy." I shrugged.

"Just a little accident?!" Jack raised his voice.

"Um...What?" Punzie asked in confusion.

"That Tina girl threw a dodge ball at Elsa! They were on the same team and yet she did that!" Jack snapped.

"Oh...." Anna and Punzie said.

"Tina?!" Hiccup asked.

"Not her again..." Eugene said.

"Jack, come with me, now." I said as I dragged Jack out of the cafeteria. I pushed him gently toward a locker. "Jack, it already happened, just forget it, ok?" I calmed him down.

"No." Jack simply replied.

"Look me in the eye." I put my palms on his cheeks. "Honestly Jack, honestly, just tell me the truth, I won't get offended, do you still like Tina?" I asked.

"Uh..." Jack scratched his head.

"Just say it, I won't get mad. I don't want a boyfriend that lies." I said sternly.

"Well... maybe just a little bit more? I don't mean that I don't like you, Elsa. I like you, and just a very tinsy little bit with Tina. To tell you the truth, I don't really know why I still like Tina, it's like...normal?" Jack said awkwardly.

"I'll accept that." I said as I hugged him.

"Yo-You're not mad?" Jack asked.

"Not at all." I smiled.

"You won't get jealous?" He asked.

"No." I assured him.

"Sure?" He asked, again.

"Yes. Now stop with the questions." I giggled as I put my finger on his lips.

"Back to the cafeteria then." Jack smiled as he held my arm.

"Kay." I said as we walked back to the cafeteria.

DON'T FORGET TO 

READ 

COMMENT 

VOTE 

SUGGESTIONS WELCOMED!