15

𝕆𝕞𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 ℙ𝕆𝕍
𝕊𝕖𝕧 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕩 ℕ𝕐

Dougie slid down his ski mask, took a deep breath as he walked into his mother's home. It was always difficult for him to call his mother's home his. Yeah he has memories in the apartment but it's not somewhere he felt safe and loved at.

"You don't see the time?" His estranged mother sternly said as she sat on the couch.

"Nah." He simply said, walking passed her.

She huffed and followed him back into his room.

"Where were you?"

Dougie sighed and fell down into his bed with his phone in his hand.

"I was out."

"Keep acting fast in these streets I won't be surprised if the next time I see you, you're in a casket."

He chuckled to himself and shook his head. The things his own mother said to him got old at this point, it didn't sting like it used to, and it definitely didn't bother him.

"You need to stop hanging out with that Flocka boy. He hasn't brought nothing but trouble in your life."

"Ma." He sucked my teeth . "Kaykay's family-"

"Your family is me. These boys don't love you. You willing to go to jail for some boys who wouldn't do the same for you. They don't really care about you."

"When you kicked me out Kaykay was all I had. Family don't kick each other out. Your own son."

"I had my reasons. And you know exactly why. You can't be acting a fool in these streets, getting arrested every other week and think you're going to live under my roof. It doesn't work that way Douglass."

"It is what it is." He shrugged once again.

"You know what? Get the fuck out my house. Talking to me like I'm your little friend." She said throwing his shirts and hoodies at him.

He wasn't even shocked. It hasn't even be two full weeks since she let him moved back in. He groaned as he got off the bed, letting the clothes she threw at him drop on the floor. He stepped over them and made his way out the room.

"Like I try so hard with you, but you give me nothing to work with!" She continued to holler, following him.

"Whatever Ma. I'm not doing this back and forth shit no more. I'm outta here forreal."

"Good."

"Hopefully the next you do see me is my funeral."

The boy slowly made his way to his mother's building lobby. He didn't know where to go, and he was tired of asking others could he sleep over, even if they were so close. It was the middle of December, freezing cold, he just didn't have it in him to make an effort to stay alive for another night.

Dougie sighed, looking down at his phone. He had messages from damn near everyone, but he wasn't in any type of mood to speak with anyone. He pushed his gun deeper into his pants as he felt anger rushing into his blood.

He dug in his pockets taking out no other but a medicine bottle full of percs. He stared at them for a minute, feeling nothing cool sir against his lips. Untwisting the cap, he took out two pills and swallowed them dry.

He pulled out his phone, staring at his reflection. He had bags under his eyes. He pressed his power button, revealing the time.

2:18 AM