35

Addicted

Omniscient POV

The light headed girl was awoken by the loud music being blasted around the house. She looked to her side and saw the other side of the bed was messed around with. She ignored it due to the pain she was feeling on her head, and assumed she was just moving around in her sleep.

The sudden vibration from the nightstand set her off. She grabbed his phone and looked at the contact before quickly answering.

"Hi Ma." She said clearing her throat, she voice sounded like she was about to lose it.

"Hey baby. What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. Just got a headache. You and Brooklyn good?"

"Yeah. Just dropped her off from school. That boy haven't been bothering you right?"

"No ma." She aid rolling her eyes. "We haven't spoken."

"Oh okay. I called Kevin since you weren't picking up at first, but he wasn't either so I got worried. I was just checking up on you."

"I'm good though. Thank you Ma."

"Mhm. Imma let you go. I love you."

"I love you too." She said hanging up. She tossed the phone around the end of the bed and sighed. She heard whispering and footsteps in front of her door, already agitating her. She had a feeling it was Kay's girlfriend and her friend so she got up and walked over, swinging the door open only for her eyes to be met with Dougie and Kay.

"Oh you up?" Kay exclaimed. Dougie heart dropped, not knowing whether she knew about last night or not.

"Yeah I just woke up. What happened?"

"My boy Dougie got a question for you." He said pushing him closer to the door. The girl furrowed her eyebrows and eyed Dougie and looked back at Kay.

"What?" She said with a hint of attitude.

"You see? Watch your mouth. My boy being respectful." Kay said.

"Your boy ain't even say nothing." She mocked back.

Dougie knew from then on she didn't remember a thing, and He felt embarrassed. "Forget it." He said walking away.

"You see? India bro. You so hard headed." Kay sighed, stepping passed her, walking into the room.

"How?" She said watching Dougie walk down the hall.

"You told me that you wanted that nigga to speak up and talk to you but moving like this."

"It's not that easy and you know that. Bro stop talking about him. I ain't come here to make amends."

"Alright. I respect that. Go shower and get ready. We going out for breakfast."

"I don't wanna go. My head hurt."

"Go get ready. You got twenty minutes." He said as his phone rang, walking away. He declined the call.

Kay heard her close the door as he walked down the hall, to check on his friend.

"Yo you good?" He said bursting into Dougie's room.

"I'm chillin. I'm over her to be honest." He spoke out.

"Deadass?"

Dougz sat there and thought. He knew he wasn't over her, but He had no choice but to. "Yeah."

"You chatting." Kay said waving him off.

"I'm deadass over shorty. I'm every bitch shot now."

"Kay Kay!" A high pitched voice echoed throughout the house. Kay sucked his teeth, realizing it was his girlfriend and got up. "We about to leave in the few. Hurry up." He said leaving the room.

Dougie sat there, scrolling on his phone. Something told him to go his messages, and start scrolling through him and India's old messages. He smiled at the last "I love you." She texted him.

"Niggas is not over her." He whispered to himself. He simply didn't know how he would win her back over, she didn't fuck with him not one bit. He understood why but he just couldn't face the reality of it.

To think those two were inseparable at one point was crazy to him. After going through the messages for a few minutes, an unsaved number covered his screen. For some reason he recognized the number and answered.

"Yo?"

"Yeah. Wassup."

"I'm chillin. You? You got any new information?"

"I think she got the abortion."

"How you know?"

"She would've been like 3-4 months now. She wouldn't be showing as much but shawty really out here with a crop top tummy flat as fuck."

"Say word?" Dougie exclaimed, feeling a sense of relief.

"Word. She even was driving the boat last night. Prolly got taken home by a OY nigga too. Where you met shawty?"

"You know what's crazy? I met her at a party too. But just keep tabs on her. I'll figure out what to do with her when I touch back down in the towns."

"Say that." The other person on the line ended the call, and right on cue is when he heard bangs on the door.

"Dougie hurry up we about to leave." Jatavia loudly said before walking off.