42

Addicted

Omniscient POV

"You dead owe me 20 cash." Kay said to his long term friend, kicking his feet up.

"For what?" India said mugging him.

"Remember that bet we made before miami? That you'd come back cool with Dougie."

"Cashapp or Zelle?" She said making Kay let out a deep laugh.

"Where your moms at?" He asked.

"Prolly work. It's late right? But let it be me. She blowing up my phone every second of the day." The two had another argument about her coming home late last night from the show. She continued to use Kay as an excuse but her mom knew she was lying.

"I mean you a little ass girl. And your mother not out here getting shot."

"Mopping." She mumbled.

"One thing about Titi she gonna move tact."

"One thing about you, you going to suck some dick." She clapped back.

"Shut the fuck up." He said in a deep voice, and picked up a controller.

India rolled her eyes and picked up her cup of cranberry juice on the table. The two were sitting down in her house, as their little sisters ran around the house playing around. It was touching midnight and India knew her mom should've been home soon.

"I'm jacking you on your period. This whole week you been snappy as fuck." She said mugging him. "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing. I'm just tired of niggas." He said starting up the game.

"Who?" She wondered.

"Not anybody in particular. Just everybody been blowing mines. Nobody wanna see me win. But I'm good though." He said with his eyes glued to the tv

"Kay.." She sucked her teeth.

"What?"

"You gotta stop saying that shit."

"Nigga I'm good." Kay hated for her to worry about him, when in reality his biggest concern was his family which included India.

"You be lying."

"Just do me a favor?"

"What?" She said setting her cup down, kicking her feet up.

"Just always be there for my sisters and my mom if anything go wrong with me."

"What are you chatting about?"

"I'm just saying." He shrugged. "You never know. Niggas is getting killed off like crazy now a days." He sat down the controller before he started to start playing a new game of 2K23.

"Brooklyn!" Kay said snatching her up as she tried to run pass. He ticked her and she laughed frantically, kicking for him to let her go.

"Stop." She said laughing.

"Why you don't ever come over no more. My mother stay asking about your bad ass." He said putting her down.

"Let her go we were playing a game." Kay's baby sister said.

"My fault." He said, letting Brooklyn loose.

India smiled at the sight, she really wasn't trying to let his words get with her. He made it seem like he knew his time was coming soon and it didn't sit right with her.

The two girls ran back off to the back of the apartment.

"I don't know why you looking like that. Man the fuck up." He said pushing her slightly.