18

𝕆𝕞𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 ℙ𝕆𝕍
𝕊𝕖𝕧 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕩 ℕ𝕐

India was sound asleep in her grey fuzzy comforter set when it started pouring out. Eventually the thunder from outside woke her up. The wind hit the windows loudly, so she expected others to be up. She threw the covers off of her stepping into the cold tiles.

The sun was nearly about to rise. She peeked in her mother's room noticing there was nobody in there. assumed she was at work.

She tip-toed back into her room trying not to wake up anyone and decided to start her day, knowing she wouldn't be able to go back to sleep.

Once she got out the shower and got dressed, she walked out to the kitchen. She noticed Dougie wasn't on the couch. Turning around, she looked over  at the bathroom to see if there was a light on. The water was running and the light was on.

She shrugged it off and went into the fridge.

"Am I even hungry?" She mumbled to herself.

She took a bottle of apple juice from the fridge and made her way to her room. She checked her messages, hoping to see any form of contact from Bando but there wasn't.

"Goodmorning." Dougie voice boomed behind her.

"Goodmorning." She dryly responded, following with a yawn.

"You still mad at me?" He asked standing in front of her door.

"I never was mad at you. I just don't like when people be in my business." She shrugged, falling into her bed. "Why you up?" She quickly changed the subject, trying to not get back on the topic of Bando.

"Can't sleep." He ran his hand over his face and stepped into the room.

"You okay? Have you heard from your mom?" The girl concernedly asked.

"Ion even wanna talk about her." He huffed, sitting besides India on her bed.

"You good. I get it." She looked up at him, examining the sad expression on his face. "You're free to stay here as long as you want..."

"Good looks. Appreciate it. I love you India." He said carelessly.

Hearing "I love you." was so common to her. After her father's death saying "I love you" when leaving someone she cared about was almost essential, but she felt nothing but nervousness when he said it to her.

He frowned not hearing the words back. She shyly looked away and turned her eyes on the tv.

"Oh and Thank you for what you did the other day."

"What I do?" He asked, not taking his eyes off her.

"Knocking that girl out for me." She laughs, covering her face.

"Shit ain't bout nothing." He smiled at her. "You wanna smoke?"

"Douglass it's 7 in the morning." She said raising an eyebrow.

"Chill out on the government." He playfully mugged her.   His eyes landed on her clothing. He took note of the hoodie she was wearing that he gave her a while back. He smiled to himself and looked back up at her. Seeing how calm and peaceful she was made him miss her more then usual. The couple of days living with India were more peaceful then the whole duration of him dealing with Kaitlyn.

"I missed you."

She rolled her eyes and pulled the covers closer to her. He places his index finger under her chin tilting his head up so they were making eye contact with each other.

"Doug-"

"I said I missed you. Stop playing in my face like you ain't miss me too."

She furrowed her eyebrows and felt her heart pacing faster. Deep inside she missed him but didn't know how to tell him. "Maybe if you didn't cheat on me you wouldn't have to miss me." She spoke letting her thoughts speak up for her.

He sucked his teeth and rested his head on her head board. He couldn't even get upset at her for constantly bringing it up, but it annoyed him at times when he tried to redeem himself. "I was a lil nigga back then. I'm deadass serious about you now."

"Dougie..Can I ask you something?"

He slowly nodded, unlocking his finger from hers.

"Why did you do it?"

"Do what?"

"Fuck that girl..Why did you do it? I never got to ask." She said clearing her throat.

"I'm not even gonna lie to you and say there was no reason. I ain't know that girl. That was the first time I seen her. Niggas was been saying she wanted me. I was just out of it and I wanted to kill. I was horny."

It was silent. She couldn't think of a response. A stray warm tear trickled down her cheeks, a part of her felt like she was reliving the night she found out.

He froze, seeing her cry was something he never seen. Even when she found out, he never saw her shed a tear or even her look in distress. She always painted a smile on her face. The words he said spun around her. She quickly wiped off her tear as he pulled her close to him.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled. He meant it too. The history between the two was often hardly noticed. For India, Dougie was her first boyfriend and for Dougie she was one of the only females in his life who never let him down.

"I swear it ain't mean nothing." He mumbled. He wiped her tear with his thumb and pulled her by her neck. They both stared at each other without breaking eye contact. Her light pink lips curled up, she was confused.

She could notice they would be in this position for a minute and didn't mind. His eyes went down to her lips as he tongue went over his owns. He didn't wanna get her upset by doing something he didn't want her to, but in her head she didn't care. Without thinking,she leaned in, pressing her lips against his.

His hands roamed her body as she wrapped her arms around his neck. Their lips moved in sync and neither of them felt anything around them. India's leg went numb like noodles, as butterflies erupted throughout her stomach.

She felt things about to lead on to something else so she pulled away from him locking eye contact. Although she was confused and shocked she enjoyed every second of the kiss, she just didn't know what it meant.