54

𝐼𝓃𝒹𝒾𝒶 𝐿𝑒𝑒𝓂𝒶𝓃 || 𝟣𝟩𝑅𝒫𝒯, 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓍 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒴𝑜𝓇𝓀

𝐼𝓃𝒹𝒾𝒶 𝐿𝑒𝑒𝓂𝒶𝓃 || 𝟣𝟩
𝑅𝒫𝒯, 𝐵𝓇𝑜𝓃𝓍 𝒩𝑒𝓌 𝒴𝑜𝓇𝓀

"I miss you." I smiled, looking at my phone screen

"Miss you too my heart." Brooklyn said, smiling into the camera.

"Who taught you that?" I laughed.

"Bri."

"How is it over there? What yall been doing?" I asked being nosey.

"We went to six flags. Then we visited grandma. We at her house right now, you should've came we eating good!"

"India!" I heard my mom yell. I sucked my teeth and looked down at my phone.

"I'm going to call you back. Mommy yelling." I said hanging up. I pulled down n my shorts a bit, walking out to the living room.

"Get the door for me." She said, cleaning up in the kitchen. I looked at the door, which wasn't even far from the kitchen and made a face as I walked over.

I opened the door, revealing an angry Kay. He was already all up in my face.

"Yo wassup?" He said in a loud tone. I immediately scratched my face up and looked at him up and down.

"What?" I said with an attitude because he swore he was scary.

"It's been almost two weeks. If you don't want me to just say that shit. You got a nigga too sick to his stomach to even go to the studio."

"First of all d-"

"Kevin why don't you come in." My mom said from inside the house, cutting me off. He rolled his eyes at me like the sassy boy he was and walked past me as a closed the doors.

Kay been on my mind but I just didn't let it bother me. Everytime I did I got tight. I fell like I was stuck in the middle about what I wanted to do. I just got out of a relationship and I wasn't about to hop into another one that's crazy. Apart of me was just ignoring this whole thing, thinking everything would go back to normal.

"You want something to drink?" My mom said.

"Nah.." He paused. "I'm good." His brows were still furrowed so it let me know he was still upset.

"Alright. I'm going to sleep. I don't wanna hear any yelling." She said, as she finished up wiping off the kitchen counter and going into her room. Once I heard the door close, I turned over and looked at Kay.

"My fault. I ain't mean to come in like that." He mumbled. "You been heavy on my mind, that's all. I just want an answer."

I let out a heavy sigh. "I don't wanna fuck up what we got. Kay I love you so much, you know that. I don't wanna do this with you and some shit happen, we break up, and never speak again. Even if we do it just won't be the same. I like what we got. Yeah, I do want you, but I don't want no temporary shit." I admitted.

"On my baby sister life if I fuck with you, It's no going back. You all I wanted. All I want now."

"I don't wanna take that risk. I love our friendship.. I wouldn't want it any other way Kay. I'm sorry." I said. Seeing the expression on his face, I felt bad.

He sighed, letting his head fall into his hands.

"It's just too much. You friends with Dougie and I simply don't wanna be the reason why you niggas have problems. You got a girlfriend, many of them if we being real. I could go on with reasons as to why we should just stay as friends."

"He don't need to know India."

"You and I both know that even if we tried, we can't hide something like that from niggas. Niggas going to start assuming."

"I don't really give a fuck that's the thing. I know what I want, I really don't give a fuck what niggas got to say." He said aggressively.

"I don't know." I huffed. Things were more complicated than he thought, but I don't think he realized.

"I could go on about reasons why you should just say fuck it and be mine." He said.

"Let me hear it because maybe I'm Buggin."

"I known you all my life, we go good together and you know that. Yeah we argue and shit but I really just bothered you out of jealousy. If you mine, no need to be jealous. Dougie don't got to know. Nobody have to know. The private the better ma. All that corny shit these niggas been doing to you, you know I wouldn't do that to you. I'll drop all my hoes for you. When I say I love somebody you know I love hard."

I looked at him, not really saying anything. I felt my heart pacing slower than usual, I didn't know what to do.

"My fault for all the times we fell out. Before all that shit I felt like we was soul mates. You know that too. I was meant to be with you." He added

There a long silence between us and he just looked at me as I bit on my lip. I always thought of me and kay as soul mates, if not him then me and Dthang were platonic soulmates.

"So how we supposed to talk without anybody knowing?" I said causing a small grin to appear on his face.

"It's not hard. I'm next door ma. We could go anywhere really, niggas would think we just friends."

"You don't feel any type of way? I felt guilty as fuck even thinking about dating you knowing I dated Dougie."

"I do, but all that shit that nigga did to you India he deadass don't deserve you and you know that."

"I'm not trying to deal with niggas anymore. Deadass." I said.

"Ight I respect that but before you do that, give me a chance. I'm not about to wait five more years."

"Kay?"

"How about I take you out, show you how a nigga supposed to do things and If you fuck with It then you do. If you don't then we act like it never happened."

I eyed him, seeing the serious expression on his face. Never in my seventeen years of my life have a heard Kay beg for anything.

"Deal."