Addicted

Omniscient POV

"And he said she didn't like flowers." Kay scoffed, thanking the same hispanic lady for the bouquet, this time getting pink carnations.

"Nigga why you getting her flowers?" Dthang's voice said on the phone.

"Because she deserves it." He said honestly, taking the phone off speaker. "I probably done gave this lady atleast 5 blues so far."

"I know India tired of you goofy niggas giving her flowers, and she gotta act like she like them every time you guys give it to her."

"She love my flowers. I don't know what flowers you be getting them fried bitches you be fucking with but India get top quality."

"Oh yeah?" Dthang laughed. "Nah but I gotta go.
The block heavy right now."

"Ight. Safety buzzin."

"Safety."

Kay slid his phone back his pocket, walking down his block. He didn't feel like standing on the corner today with his friends because it was so hot and the laternflies kept bothering me. He decided to visit India since he missed her and texting her all day didn't compare to seeing her. It was getting dark outside so he assumed she was home. He enjoyed getting her flowers on random occasions. He knew he was doing right treating her well, she wasn't used to it but he was glad to be the first to do so.

He raised his eyebrows, walking into his building, seeing Dougie sitting down on the steps with flowers in his hand.

"Bro I been calling you all day. Where you been at?"

"Handling shit for my moms. My fault."

Kay felt himself getting irritated, knowing who the flowers in Dougz's hands were for. One thing about him, he couldn't control the expressions his face made even if he tried.

"Damn who you got flowers for?" Dougie said breaking the silence.

"My mom. Those for India?"

"Yeah they valid?"

"Yeah." He dryly said. "I thought you said she don't like them?"

"She don't but I didn't wanna blow a bag just for her to dub me."

"I get that." He nodded, even though he didn't understand why he would put minimal effort in trying to get his ex back. "Why you called me though?"

"I just needed to know if she was home or not." Seconds after the sound of the door opening was heard.

"Oh?" India choked on her drink as she walked through the building doors. The two boys looked her direction, both of them standing up in unison.

"You see the time?" Kay asked her.

"My phone died." She said lowly, adjusting her purse.

Dougie cleared his throat and stepped up to her. "India can I talk to you? I promise I won't take too much of your time."

"Nah I'm good." She eyed him, walking away. Dougie pulled her back with quickness, but she didn't hit him or get angry. A small part of her actually wanted to hear what he had to say.

Her eyes landed on Kay, who had a blank look on his face. He had a bunch of different things going through his head and India knew that.

"Okay." She barely made out. "I'm giving you 5 minutes."

"Deadass?" Dougie said. Kay was thinking the same thing, feeling hurt.

"5 minutes Douglass." She said, putting her hand on her hip.