47

Addicted

Omniscient POV

India's heavy eyelids fluttered open from the constant vibration of her phone. She sucks her teeth, rubbing her eye, only to gasp when she saw a figure sitting in the corner of her room.

"Why the fuck you sitting in my room like that?" She semi-yelled, throwing a pillow across the room.

"My fault." Daniel laughed. His face got back serious and he stood up.

"What happened?" She asked, sitting up some more.

"You don't know? I'm thinking you already know." He says making her furrow her eyebrows.

"What are you chatting about?" She says, as her phone vibrated again. She picks up her phone seeing numerous notifications and that her instagram messages were blowing up.

"KayKay got arrested."

"What? For what?"

He shrugs. "And your little boyfriend too. I came to check if you were good."

The girl heart feels like it's dropped down to her ass as she quickly unlocks her phone.

Jt❤️
Bitch pick up your phone!

Setty❤️
Wya? You heard what happened?

Before she could get to the rest of the messages, she slid into instagram, the first post announcing "Kay Flock Arrested on Unknown Charges." and the following post headlining, "New York Drill Rapper Dougie B arrested after shots fired outside Bronx Courthouse."

She flipped the phone showing the confused boy the information just for him to shake his head. She knew what he was going to say, so she didn't bother asking what he had to say.

"India I'm not gon-"

"I already know you about to cut his ass. Chill for right now." She said, responding to her text messages.

"Why would I do that?" He smacked his lips. "I look corny to you?"

She didn't know how to explain how she really felt. She was worried about Kay just as much as Dougie, this was so random.

"So what was you going to say?" She asked.

A smirk was plastered on hi face as he stood up. "Nevermind. You good though?"

"I'm straight." She said dryly.

"Kay's mom and our mothers in the living room. I'll go check on them. I'll be back." She nodded, watching him leave her room. She got up, sighing, walking into the bathroom to brush her teeth and wash her face. She didn't like get used to the idea that your loved ones can either be in jail or dead din the blink of an eye.

"We was just together last night, what happened?" She said walking into the living room.

"He went out late last night then I get a call around 5 in the morning he telling me he at the precinct. He said the cops was bothering him, and that he didn't do anything."

"That's crazy." He said shaking her head.

"You spent the night last or something?" I asked Daniel. He nodded.

"I just seen him get a call in the middle of the night and he dipped."

"And he the only one who got booked?"

"That's what it look lie. I don't know about that other boy." She slickly said, being shady about Dougie. In a serious situation like this, Dthang still laughed and I shook my head at the two.