30

𝕆𝕞𝕟𝕚𝕤𝕔𝕚𝕖𝕟𝕥 ℙ𝕆𝕍
𝕊𝕖𝕧 𝕊𝕚𝕕𝕖, 𝔹𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕩 ℕ𝕐

"I don't give a fuck. I told you meet me on the ave. If not catch a cab." Nas said into his phone.

"Bro I ain't tryna hear all that. If you wanna argue witcha girl take it next door or something." Setty said taking a pull from his blunt with an annoyed expression on his face.

The group of boys were on the corner, all sitting down on cars smoking. The weather was getting better but it seems like nobody really wanted to do anything.

"Not gon lie this bad ass bud." Kay complained trying to pass the blunt to Dougie.

"I'm good." He said waving him off.

The group of boys looked at each other and shot Dougie a weird look. It was odd because he was the one who brought up the idea of smoking together but from the looks of it he just wasn't in the mood.

"Bro you good?" Kay asked.

"I'm chillin." He mumbled.

"Wassup with you and India?" One of the guys whispered. It seemed like everyone wanted to ask.

Dougie quickly looked up, hearing the name of the girl he's been thinking about for the past few days, and furrowed his eyebrows. "Why?" It's almost like everyone stopped speaking about her, simply because of the situation her and everyone else was in.

"Just asking. Ion be seeing you with shawty ever since that fight."

He felt the rest of his friends stare at him but he tried his best to keep his attention on the concrete floor. As much as he missed her, it bothers him that he still hasn't found out who hurt her.

"Nigga you still ain't text her? You really a dumb ass nigga." Setty said.

Kay nudged him making him smack his lips and continue flicking his lighter.

"If I text her what imma say?" Dougie said slightly getting an attitude. He hated how Setty was constantly on his back about things. There's a reason for everything he does and everything he doesn't. Some people just wouldn't be able to understand him.

"Oh maybe I ain't line you. The fuck." He said sarcastically. Nas came back into the room chuckling as he sat down. "Nah cause this nigga moving like he really hurt that girl. Just talk to her before the next nigga do."

"India your ex right?" Blove asked licking the blunt as he rolled it. He nodded.

"Seen some nigga in a ski mask come to her door with flowers the other day" Kay asked

"What bro?" Dougie said showing some emotion for the first time today.

A couple of them chuckled causing him to straight face them.

"My son India really get 'em all."

He then sucked his teeth and stood up, pulling up his pants. "Fuck it. I'm about to go talk to her."

"You telling me it took for you to hear another nigga about to take your spot to wanna reach out? You bogus. Word to my mother." Setty said.

"Nah I ain't gon lie that's fake weird." Nas said.

He shrugged. "Don't even care anymore. Shit driving me crazy. Just wanna talk to her. Ion know why the fuck she got niggas sending her flowers. The fuck this not a nursing home."

"Yeah I like this. Get on timing." Yagi said clapping and chuckling with Setty.

"Yeah now go get your bitch back."

"You better hope her mother don't two piece you."

"Nah word her mother is heavy handed though." Kay laughed.

He ignored all their comments and looked over at the time. It was about to be midnight, thinking whether it was smart to go next door or not. He realized India never went to sleep early.

"I'm outta here." He said waving them off and floor up the steps in Kay's building

He paced around the hallway breathing heavy. He didn't even know what he'd say or how he'd act. He wondered if he was even welcomed over here.

"Fuck it." He said under his breath, hesitantly knocking on the door.

His heart beat was heavy and steady. He heard the lock switch which made him look up.

"Yes?" India's mother opened up with an agitated look on her face. She had on her nightgown attire, already on the edge since her daughter was out this was the cherry on the top.

"H-hi." Dougie caught himself stuttering. "India home?"

"Why?"

"I needa talk-"

"You got some nerve coming up to my door. You know that right?" She said crossing her arms.

"I know." I said twisting my hair nervously. "I just came here to apologize."

She made a look but she quickly fixed her posture and opened the door up wider. "She's not home. You're free to wait for her."

"Where she at?" He questioned, walking into the house. He noticed a pair of crutches was standing by the dining room table. She had to been getting better, he thought to himself.

"She was suppose to be sleeping over at a family member's house. I'll call her." She said. She was about to walk off but she sighed and faced the quiet boy.

"When you ain't have no where to stay she took you in. Even after you broke my baby's heart. And you just went against her and left her side when she got hurt."

"Listen, I ain't go against her. Some female I use to deal with hurt her cause of jealously. I was in the middle of cutting her off, actually I been cut the bitch off. Niggas found out me and India was back messing around and she took it in her hands to hurt her." Although It wasn't India I wasn't speaking to, I felt relieve I could've speak my truth to someone.

"Word to my dead I ain't have shit to do with her getting shot. Wouldn't even set her up. I love that girl."

"If you love her so much where were you when she was on bed rest? Crying her eyes out over you?" Her mother said.

She sucked her teeth and picked up her phone, walking to the back.

Dougie deep down felt like shit. He already knew he looked guilty, just didn't know how to fix it. Maybe this was the end, he thought to himself.

"She's sleeping over. She won't be back til the morning. Come then." India's mother said walking back.

_______________________________