59

Addicted

Omniscient POV

Dthang slammed his car door shut, getting out of his car. He had an amused look on his face seeing Kay and his friends on the block. He put out the clip he was smoking, stepping on the corner.

"Wassup wedgie man? You tryna get flocked at?" Setty said.

"You niggas funny." Dthang chuckled. "What y'all wanna do?"

"You dolo talking like this." Setty laughed.

"Setty chill. He just here for India."

Dthang eyed Dougie who was already starting at him. He had the urge to start an argument but decided to play it smart considering he was alone.

"Just don't forget y'all niggas can't come to my block casually like this." Dthang said, walking into the building.

He knocked on India's door, waiting patiently. Her mom swung open the door, smiling seeing Daniel.

"Wassup." He hugged her.

"Hey, what brings you around?"

"Just wanted to check on India."

"She in her room. Let me know how she's doing. I don't wanna keep bothering her."

"Alright I gotchu." She let him into the apartment, going back to cleaning around the house.

"Yo my heart?" He called out, knocking on India's room door.

"You can come in." She yelled. He walked in seeing his bestfriend, with bloodshot eyes like she been crying all night, while trying to remove her acrylics with her metro card.

"Ion like seeing you cry bro."

"What you talking about?" She made a confused face.

"You got mirrors all over this room. Look at your face." He said laying down on her bed. She scooted over and sucked her teeth seeing one of her nails bleeding.

"Pass me that tissue." She hissed, ripping off the remaining nail. He looked over at her night stand, handing her the tissue.

"You good?"

"Yeah.. wassup though? Why you here?" She wondered.

"I can't come to your house now?"

"Not alone on no notice. That's not like you."

Where Brooklyn?"

"She with my cousins from Brooklyn. I don't even know where they went."

"Damn you been home alone all day?"

"Basically. My mom just got home."

"Kay worried about you. Matter fact I'm worried too."

She quickly sat up. "I know. I feel bad." She said quickly.

"You know me. I want y'all together, but at the same time I really only give a fuck if you happy. So if you don't want him, I'll probably be tight but I won't be mad at you. Don't feel pressured to do no shit you don't want to."

India sat there in silence, taking in what he was saying to her. "I like him. That's not something I got to question."

"That's good then. Right?"

"I guess so. I know he mad at me."

"He not that mad. He just in his feelings. That nigga really like you. I wish I could feel a way about a bitch like that."