10

"What do you think?" Daniella asked Max as she held up two color palettes in front of the plain white wall. 

Max stood there, trying to decide which color would be a better choice for the room. Daniella patiently waited as he thought for a few seconds. 

"I think you should go with the blue," Max voiced his opinion, pointing at a deep shade. "It will fit the room perfectly, and anyway you are not a fan of pale colors."

"At least someone who understands me," Daniella smiled as she put down the color palettes. "Both my interior designer and Lewis said to go with the light pink or something like off white…"

"Do they even know you?" Max chuckled. 

"I don't think so," Daniella smiled. "I want this house to be perfect and want my vision for this house come to life… but everyone just keeps offering their opinions and expertise, and I end up second guessing my choices."

Daniella looked around the room, a small yet present smile plastered on her face as she imagined how it will look once it's painted and furnished. 

"Just stop listening to them," Max suggested. "This is going to be your home and they should only give their suggestions when you ask them. Of course, it might not be perfect but…"

"But I want it to be perfect," Daniella looked at him. "I want this house to feel like a part of me."

Max remained silent as Daniella continued. 

"Everything in my life is changing so fast Max," She added. "Even the house I grew up in is being renovated, people in my life are just coming and going, and I just want one thing in my life to be perfect and permanent, something that won't change or I will never want to change. I want this house to be a part of me and represent me if one day I…"

"Don't finish the sentence," Max quickly said, his mood taking a dark turn. He couldn't even imagine what Daniella was about to say, thinking of the possibility that one day she will be gone is forbidden in his mind. 

"Calm down," Daniella gently patted his cheek, trying to get rid of the angry look on his face. "I am not going to die anytime soon. Honestly Max, you are so sensitive."

"I am not sensitive," He argued. "I am just… just don't talk like that okay," He was feeling frustrated. 

Daniella lifted her hands up mocking surrender. 

"Now which room is next?"

***

Daniella politely smiled and shared a quick hug with Pierre as she took her seat next to him. She was invited for the Paris Fashion Week and so was Pierre, and coincidentally both of their seats were next to each other. 

She took a few photos and short videos for her social media and enjoyed the fashionable show. 

"I can hear you thinking," Daniella muttered as she looked at Pierre. Ever since they sat down he has been struggling to ask her something but was hesitant. He even opened his mouth once but then backed off. "What is it?"

"Umm no I am.. Umm," Pierre stuttered a bit but finally decided to ask his question. "Is it true that you and Carlos are dating?"

"What?" Daniella let out a laugh. She was not expecting the question, and she was certainly not expecting a fellow driver to believe the rumor even though it had died down. "Please don't tell me you believe everything those fan accounts say."

"No, I was just…that's what I heard so…" Pierre got a bit nervous. "Is it true?"

"No," Daniella chuckled. "Carlos and I are not dating. He is just a friend and a colleague."

"You and I are friends and we still dated last year," Pierre commented, implying that the rumors might be true. 

"We just went on two dates," Daniella pointed out. "It was like a trial run for the actual trial run."

"What exactly does that mean?" Robert Lewandowski, who was sitting next to Pierre joined in. He has been listening to the conversation even if he had no intentions to, but sitting right next to the drivers made it hard for him not to listen. 

"You know… it's like…" Daniella struggled to figure out how to explain it. "It's when…Pierre will explain."

"Even I am confused," Pierre looked between the driver and the footballer. 

"Then let's drop the conversation," Daniella shot them a sweet smile but her eyes held a warning. 

Both Pierre and Robert nodded. 

"By the way, I am a big fan," Daniella said to the footballer. "Can we take a selfie after the show?" She asked, sounding like when her fans ask to take photos of her. 

"Yeah of course."

**********

A/N: I love how soft Max is when it comes to Daniella, and I love how well he knows her

Dani said she is not going to die anytime soon, but what if by the end of the season she..... You know? Its just a thought

How do you think people will react?