53

Lewis gave Daniella a judging look as she took a big bite of her cheeseburger. By the look on her face he can tell that she is enjoying her meal. Both are currently flying to Brackley instead of Monaco after the race in Imola to hop on the sim and for some media work. 

"What?" Daniella asked with her mouth full. 

"Nothing.." Lewis shook his head. "It's just… I don't understand how you can eat that thing."

"This thing," Daniella pointed at her burger. "Is delicious…like heavenly delicious," She said before swallowing. 

"It's unhealthy," Lewis argued as he took a bite of his salad. 

"It's delicious," Daniella argued back. "I deserve it after the crappy weekend."

"I also had a crappy weekend," Lewis replied 

"Yeah but at least you got to finish your race," Daniella pointed out. "I just spun out and crashed… thanks to the Ferrari demon child."

Lewis chuckled, knowing well how she is still mad about the race. 

"He deserves the name, the demon child," Daniella commented. 

"You do know that people call you the she devil, right?" Lewis let out a laugh. "By that logic you are worse than Charles."

"What?" Daniella put down her burger and her eyes went a little wide. 

"Yeah," Lewis nodded. 

"Who calls me that?" 

"Umm no one in particular," Lewis sounded a bit hesitant. "Just some people…"

Daniella gave him an unconvinced look and raised her eyebrows. 

"Just finish your burger…"

"Who calls me the devil?"

"No one…" Lewis silently praying that Daniella will change the topic. 

"Okay," Daniella nodded and set back. "By the way… after the race your ex called me."

"Nicole?" Lewis looked confused. 

"Nico," Daniella clarified, a triumphant grin on her face. 

Lewis immediately looked defensive and was irritated. 

"What did he want?" He reluctantly asked. 

"Oh nothing, just asked if I would be interested to be a guest on his podcast," Daniella shrugged like it was no big deal. 

"You said no, right?" Lewis asked, a look of concern on his face. 

"I said I will think about it."

"Dani, call him back…no, don't call him. Just text him that you are not interested," Lewis advised, which came out as an order. 

"But what is the big deal?" Daniella asked, but already knows the answer. 

"The big deal is he will manipulate you, exploit whatever you say and just stir up drama," Lewis explained. "Even after all these years he is still playing mind games."

Daniella nodded. 

"Okay but first you have to tell me who calls me she devil," Daniella smirked. 

Lewis sighed as he realized she trapped him. 

"Toto," He let out a deep breath. "Toto calls you that."

Daniella let out a surprised laugh, somehow she knew it was her boss. 

"Now please text Nico and tell him you are not going to be on his podcast," Lewis requested. 

"Oh I rejected his request on the spot," Daniella replied as if it was not a big deal. "He was not happy but what is he going to do," She chuckled as she returned her attention back to her cheeseburger. 

Lewis was in disbelief. Daniella just played him and he didn't even figure it out. 

"I miss Valtteri."

"And I miss Max," Daniella replied in counter to what Lewis said but she actually meant it. She misses Max who is now on his way back to Monaco with Daniel. 

***

Max was trying to get some sleep but Daniel just couldn't keep his mouth shut, asking him all sorts of questions or telling about his own life. He did try to tune him out and reply only with one word or a hum and it did seem to be working. 

The McLaren driver finally stopped talking and Max relaxed down but it was very short lived. 

"Do you think Dani and Carlos will look good together?" Daniel asked out of nowhere, knowing well that it would catch his attention. 

Max immediately opened his eyes and sat straight. 

"What?" He asked, suddenly millions of thoughts running through his head. 

"Lando thinks Carlos and Daniella would make a cute couple," Daniel explained. 

"Why do you care what Lando thinks?" Max slightly snapped. 

"Usually I don't," Daniel huffed. "But then I tried to set you up with her and neither of you showed any interest in each other, in fact both of you ruined my night by talking about duck size Yuki."

Max almost chuckled thinking about that conversation. 

"At least everyone knows Carlos likes Dani so I was thinking…"

"No," Max instantly cut him off. 

"Excuse me?" Daniel tried his best to contain his smirk. 

"No, I mean I know Dani very well and I…" Max hesitated for a second and tried to play it cool. "Carlos is not her type."

"What do you mean he is not her type?" Daniel crooked his eyebrows. "He is good looking, not as much as me but still…he is one of the best guys on the grid, drives for Ferrari, he can cook also which is something you can't do. I think he is perfect for our Dani."

Max can't help but feel jealous, not of Carlos but of the fact that no one seems to think that he and Daniella will be cute together too.

"He is…not the right guy for her," Max gulped. "She needs someone who will always put her first no matter what, who will be able to keep up with her hectic life, who knows her better than she knows herself…that's definitely not Carlos."

"So she should be with you?" Daniel smirked. 

"Yes," Max replied without thinking, but as soon as he realized what he said his eyes went wide. 

Daniel's smirk grew bigger. 

"No I mean, not me…"

"Then who?" Daniel teased. 

"I…I don't…" Max stuttered. "I don't know but definitely not Carlos." At this moment he really wishes he could tell Daniel that he and Daniella are sort of dating, that both have mutual feelings for each other but can't without letting Daniella know about it. 

"You like her," Daniel grinned. 

"No…" Max replied. "I like her but just as a friend."

"Mmmhhh…" Daniel mockingly nodded. "I don't believe you."

**********

A/N: I wish there was a way to transform my thoughts and ideas for the stories into words without me actually typing it or banging my head to form the sentences. 

Thoughts on Dani and Lewis as teammates? 

What if Dani and Max don't work out? 

What kind of partner do you think Dani needs? 

Predictions for Miami GP?