24

Daniella smiled in satisfaction as she admired her almost fully furnished house where she is going to move in after the next race and call it her home from then on. 

"Wow!" Myra commented as she and her boyfriend followed around Daniella. 

"Don't you think this house is too big for you?" Nate asked. 

"Of course it's too big for me Nate," Daniella let out a laugh. "But I have always wanted a big house, you know, to show off," She joked. 

"If you feel like you can't live here alone then me and Myra will be happy to move in," Nate joked back. 

Daniella chuckled and playfully rolled her eyes. 

She was explaining some changes she made to the house after she bought it and about a few more things she is going to add after she is going to move in. The three of them were too occupied to realize that someone else walked into the house. 

"Dani? Hello?"

Daniella shot Myra and Nate a confused look. 

"Max?"

The Red Bull driver entered the room and gave her a disappointed look. 

"What are you doing here?" Daniella asked. 

"Why is your door wide open?" Max asked back. "Anybody could have walked in."

"You just did," Daniella sarcastically replied. "Without ringing the doorbell."

"What's the point of ringing the bell when the door is wide open?" Max argued. 

Daniella rolled her eyes and let out a sigh. 

"Oh.. Hi guys," Max politely waved at Nate and Myra. 

The couple shot him back in a polite exchange. 

"What are you doing here?" Daniella asked her former teammate. 

"Well… I thought I would drop by and see how my favorite ex teammate is doing," He tried to sound as sweet as possible. 

Daniella shot him a suspicious look. 

"What did you do?"

"Why do you think I did something?" Max sounded offended. "Can't I just be polite and nice for..for no reason?"

"Not to me," Daniella argued. 

Max was about to argue back but was interrupted by Myra. 

"As entertaining as it is to watch you two argue for no reason, we have to get going," She said. "Unlike you Dani, we still have to figure a lot out about our new house."

"Can't believe you two will live together," Daniella commented. "You are like my sister and Nate is like my brother and…"

"Don't finish that sentence," Nate interrupted, causing Max to chuckle. 

Daniella giggled as Myra's face went red. 

"I will see you two in Jeddah," She said to her PR manager and her race engineer. She exchanged a quick hug with them before they left. 

Daniella looked at Max once they were the only two in the house. 

"So…?" She raised her eyebrows, asking Max to explain his reason for visit. 

"So what?" Max looked a bit confused. 

"Ughh!" Daniella rolled her eyes and gave up. She turned around and went to the kitchen. 

Max followed her close behind. 

"This place looks really nice," He commented. 

"I know," Daniella smiled. She inspected the kitchen, making a mental note of what other appliances she needs to buy.