23

The next day Daniella woke up a little late than usual since she was tired after celebrating her third place on the podium she and the entire team spend a few late hours in the debrief. She was not in any rush so she took her time to get out of bed. Already more than half of the drivers and the team members left, and she has a flight to catch afternoon. Since she is officially moving to Monaco after the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix she thought it will be best to go there for at least two days to sort some things out before the next race.

She decided to hit the hotel gym for a short workout since she had nothing better to do and didn't want to interrupt Myra and Nate. She was not surprised to see the gym was almost empty, that's how it was for the last couple of days and she really prefer it this way.

She put on her headphones and blasted her playlist as she started her workout routine in peace, not caring much about her surroundings.

George entered the gym and the first thing he noticed was someone intensely working out. All he could see was her back but everything about her seem familiar to him, from her hair color to the headphone she had on, almost reminding him of Daniella. He was impressed by her and was unable to remove his eyes, and the fact that she was only in her leggings and her sports bra was made him admire her even more.

A smirk appeared on his face as he made up his mind to go over and talk to her but just then she stopped and turned around and his smirk disappeared. The reason everything seem familiar was because she is Daniella.

Daniella took off her headphone and picked up both her water bottle and phone, not noticing the Williams driver looking at her.

George decided to go over anyway, to disturb her with his harsh words.

Daniella again turned around, her eyes still glued to her phone, not hearing the footsteps coming towards her.

"Wha..." George was cut off as Daniella turned around again, coming face to face with him.

She didn't expect to see George just an inch away from her, she stumbled back in shock, dropping her phone and she was about to fall too but George's reflex kicked in and his arm immediately went around her waist, stopping her from falling down.

Both Daniella and George were too surprised to say anything for a few seconds. George was unable to look away from her surprised expression and her eyes and Daniella was too confused and shocked to even react.

"What the..." she gasped, still his arm was supporting her. "Th..thanks?"

George was pulled back from the trance and blinked.

"Don't be," he smirked as he let go of her and she fell down.

"What the hell is wrong with you George?" Daniella groaned in discomfort but helped herself up.

"You," George replied bluntly. "You are what's wrong."

Daniella didn't say anything and shot him a glare.

"How does it feel to win the podium yesterday because of luck?" He asked rudely, trying to make her feel bad.

"Luck?" Daniella scoffed.

"You have to admit Dani, you wouldn't have been up of the podium if the Red Bull didn't have issues with their cars," he smirked as he got ready to work out.

George took off his shirt, the smirk was still plastered on his face as he knows comments like this really bugs Daniella.

"I guess..I felt the same way you did when you got the podium in Spa last year..you know, because of rain..and where you didn't even have to race anyone," Daniella taunted him.

The smirk on George's face disappeared as he angrily glared at Daniella.

Daniella shot him a smirk, but on the inside, she is still feeling guilty for what she did to George and her eyes clearly show that.

"I deserved that podium," George said through his gritted teeth. "And I worked really hard for it."

"Of course, you did Mr. Saturday," Daniella replied. "And you deserved the Merc seat too, but when it came to choosing either you or me, they chose me, and I suggest you don't forget that."

George was fuming in anger and her last words really ticked him off, but before he could come up with some comebacks Daniella collected her things and left the gym. He stood there watching her walk away, his emotions conflicting with each other.

**********

A/N: Boring chapter because I had no idea what to write...

 Thoughts on George and Dani? 

Do you think Dani was too rude to him at the end?

Do you think they were ever mend their friendship?

What else do you guys want to happen in this story?