51

When Daniella woke up Max just got dressed, ready to leave her room and start his day. She stretched and set up as Max walked up to her. 

"I will see you at the track," He softly said before kissing her forehead. 

Daniella didn't say anything as she was yet to fully wake up. She just nodded. 

"Max," She held his arm as he was about to leave. He immediately stopped and sat beside her. "About last night…"

"I know," He sighed. "It was very rude of me to talk to Carlos like that but I am not going to…"

"I am not asking you to apologize because I know you can't…your ego won't allow you to," Daniella interrupted. "I am just requesting you to be nice to him."

Max frowned slightly. 

"He is a good guy but I don't like him in any way, so please… please be nice to him," Daniella requested in a gentle way. 

"Okay," Max nodded as he gave a soft smile. 

"Thank you," Daniella smiled and pulled him closer for a kiss, both almost forgetting that it's race day and they have to be in the paddock in a few hours. 

***

Daniella tightly wrapped the waterproof Mercedes jacket around her as it was cold and raining as she and Lewis hopped on the truck for the drivers' parade. She regretted not bringing her umbrella with her. 

She was surprised when George pulled her under his Williams umbrella, almost making him laugh with her reaction. 

"Don't think too much," He said in a stern tone. "There are cameras pointed at us."

Daniella understood that what he thought was an act of kindness was just done to make himself look good in front of the camera. 

As soon as her interview was done she got away from George and towards Mick and Esteban. 

Max shot her a smile as he watched her talk and laugh with her friends, at least he doesn't have to worry about these two drivers. 

***

"Goal is to just score points today," Toto said to his drivers as they got ready to hop in their cars. 

"We would be lucky if we even score one point," Lewis muttered and didn't wait for any response. 

"Good luck," Toto patted Daniella's back, feeling bad that the car was not fast enough for the two former champions. 

"Thanks," Daniella took a deep breath before getting in her car. 

P5 was a promising start as there was potential to earn some good points and the team was still having hope for the car. 

***

As soon as the lights went out Daniella had only one goal in mind, to finish the race and earn points. She was not hoping for a podium since it seemed pretty far stretched with the Ferraris and Red Bulls as well as the McLaren of Lando's ahead of her. 

She had a good start, managing to get ahead of Carlos and Lando, but it didn't last long and soon the Mercedes was pushed off the track but the Ferrari of Carlos who was hit by Daniel. 

Daniella managed to keep control and get back on the track, but lost positions and dropped to P8. 

"That was a close one," She said on the radio. "What happened?"

"Ricciardo hit Sainz and you got pushed off the track," Her race engineer informed her. "Sainz is out of the race."

"Where is Lewis?"