85

"You look pale," Lewis pointed out as they sat side by side for debriefing after the free practice.

"Yeah, that's how you look when you are sick and the car keeps bouncing on the track like a bloody ping pong ball," Daniella replied in frustration.

Toto smacked the back of Daniella's head as he walked past her to take his seat.

"Don't talk bad about our car," He playfully scolded her.

"Did you just really hit a sick person?" Daniella asked, looking at her boss.

"You are still sick?" Toto looked concerned.

"Yeah, can't you see, she is pale and looks like she came back from a trip to hell," Lewis pointed out.

"Oh.." Toto gave her an apologetic look. "I thought she did her makeup horribly today."

Daniella glared at her boss who gave her an innocent smile but later turned sinister.

"You talk shit about our car, I talk shit about you."

"Very mature," Daniella rolled her eyes. "Wait till I tell Susie about it."

Toto's smile immediately faded, knowing well that he will receive an earful from his wife.

Lewis gave a proud look as he gently patted Daniella's head.

***

Daniella was on her way to exit the paddock, Myra waiting for her in the parking lot. Multiple thoughts ran through her head, making her almost lose the sense of her surroundings.

She was pulled back to reality when literally ran into someone. She looked up and felt a hand on her arm and another on her waist.

"Woah, are you okay?" Max asked, his eyes scanning her.

"Yeah.." Daniella gave a soft smile, assuring him. "I was just..thinking about something and was not looking where I was going."

Max smiled and nodded and removed his arm from her once he was sure she was not going to fall.

Daniella's smile soon faded once she noticed Carlos in the background, just stepping out of the Ferrari hospitality. He noticed her and Max and sent her a knowing look.

She tore her gaze from him and looked at Max.

"You are not okay," Max mumbled. "What's wrong?" He looked concerned.

"Nothing.." Daniella shook her head. "I am not feeling well.."

"Yeah, I know, I am not feeling well either," Max argued. "But something else is bothering you."

Daniella forced a smile and shook her head.

"It's nothing really," She assured her boyfriend, but the truth is her mind is filled with thoughts of what happened in Miami and in Monaco. "Are you leaving now?"

"No," Max replied. "There is a team meeting which will take probably an hour or so."

"Okay," She let out a tired breath. "I will see you tomorrow then."

"What... not tonight?" Max asked, looking a bit confused.

"I just want to rest and gather some strength," Daniella replied.

Max nodded, understanding her condition. She is still sick but he is feeling better.

"Okay," He smiled. "I will see you tomorrow." He went for a kiss but stopped quickly when he realized that they were still in the paddock and not alone.