61

Neither Daniella nor Max had a good sleep which was essential for the upcoming race. They were wide awake, tossing every few minutes, minds occupied by a lot of thoughts about what happened.

Daniella tried her best but can't seem to remove the image of someone else kissing Max, and no matter how much she tries to divert her mind it somehow always goes back to that one particular image.

Max tried calling Daniella but to his surprise she switched off her phone, making him realize even more how she might be feeling and he can't help but blame himself.

Luckily Daniella only got a couple of hours of sleep before her alarm went off, making her feel as if she never slept. She was barely out of the bed when someone knocked on the door.

She let out a deep breath, already knowing who is on the other side of the door.

Max let out a shaky breath as Daniella opened the door. She didn't say anything and left the door open for him to enter before turning away, running her hand through her messy hair.

"You didn't sleep either?" Max asked softly as he closed the door behind him.

"No," Daniella huffed as she looked at Max. He looks tired and guilty.

Daniella gestured for Max to say whatever he came to say as a sinking feeling inside her developed.

"About yesterday..." Max started. "She...I didn't know she was going to kiss me... I didn't even know she was going to be there..."

"So that means I should just forget what I saw and things can go back to normal," Daniella said sarcastically.

"No, no.. That's not what I was trying to say," Max shook his head before letting out a defeated sigh. "I just want you to know I had no part in it, not willingly at least..."

"I know," Daniella replied. "I know, I am not an idiot and I trust you. But you have no idea how I felt when I saw her kiss you in front of everyone and a damn camera which broadcast it live by the way," She said angrily.

Max looked even more guilty and worried.

"Dani I didn't..."

"I get this raging urge to punch both of your faces every time I remember that kiss," Daniella said, sounding frustrated.

"If hitting me makes you feel better then..." Max cautiously said, desperate to make her feel better.

"No! Are you crazy?" Daniella snapped. "I am not actually going to hit anyone, especially you," She looked at him like he is crazy to even suggest that. "I just...I am trying to say that's how much the kiss bothered me."

Max seemed like he was going to cry while tears already started to prick through Daniella's eyes as she was not able to control her anger and frustration.

"Do you still love her?" Daniella asked, worried what the answer might be.

"No," Max replied instantly, surprised that Daniella would even ask that. "I have no feelings for her," He assured her. "Whatever I felt for her faded months ago when I realized how I actually feel about you. My feelings for you are the reason why I broke up with Kelly."

Daniella felt a little relieved and she could see the truth in his words as tears reluctantly rolled down her cheek.

"Dani.." Max stepped closer and held her hand in a delicate manner while wiping her tears with his other hands. "Please believe me..."

Daniella looked up and met his eyes.

"Do you trust me?" Daniella asked.

"I do," Max replied. "But why are you asking me that?" He was confused.