108

Max had a soft yet happy smile on his face as he lay next to Daniella who was still sleeping, his hand gently caressing her cheek and her long strands of hair. He had missed her and everything about her a lot and no matter how much he looks at her it was not enough for him.

Last night they had a lot to talk about. Both explained their sides of the story and promised to never keep any secrets from each other and be honest and truthful. Daniella even shed a few tears and so did Max by the end.

They mutually decided to take small steps forward for now and take things slowly once again, and most importantly not tell anyone about their reignited relationship as they both want privacy and also don't want to deal with the judgements.

Daniella slightly shifted before tossing to her side, now facing Max. She slowly opened her eyes as her slumber came to an end and was greeted by Max.

"Feels good waking up next to you," Max mumbled as a small smile formed on his face.

"This is the first time I have had a good sleep," Daniella replied as she held his hand and placed a kiss before moving closer to him.

Max immediately put his arm around her as she rested her head on his chest, able to listen to the light sound of his heartbeat.

"I wish we can stay here like this forever...or at least for a few days," Daniella said. "Away from all the media and the fans, and most importantly away from..."

"Away from our teams and intrusive friends," Max finished her sentence as the same thought was running through his mind, and by intrusive friends he meant Daniel. "Let's stay here like this for today," he suggested. "Just you and me."

"As lovely and tempting as it sounds, you have a big tv interview today and my flight to Monaco leaves at noon," Daniella reminded him, sounding sad and disappointed.

"I can cancel the interview," Max instantly replied.

"We both know that's not possible, and your dad is joining you for the interview so there is no way you can get out of it," Daniella pointed out. "And I have to attend an event tomorrow so I have to go back to Monaco today."

"Then let's stay like this till we can," Max kissed Daniella's forehead as they both got comfortable in each other's arms.

***

Daniella's phone once again rang as she just unlocked her front door and entered her house in Monaco. She already knew who it was as the same person has been calling and texting her even before she boarded her plane.

She pulled out her phone and rolled her eyes when she saw the caller id before answering the call.

"What do you want Carlos?" she asked in a rude tone.

"I was so worried about you," Carlos said, sounding a bit panicked. "Are you okay? I have been calling and texting you but..."

"I am completely fine Carlos," Daniella snapped. "But please don't call me again."

"What...what is going on Daniella?" Carlos sounded confused. "Did something happen? Did Max do something?"

"I know what you did Carlos.." Daniella replied, sounding and feeling betrayed.

"Listen to me Dani...whatever Max told you is a complete lie.."Carlos tried to defend himself. "He has lied to you before and he lied to you again this time."

"You have lied to me as well.." Daniella mumbled, not wanting to argue or extend the call any longer. "Whatever there was between us is all over now."

"Daniella no..please listen to me..."

Daniella ended the call, not wanting to listen to any of his explanations or excuses. She was still in disbelief and felt like a fool for trusting him and thinking there was no scheme or lies from his side.

**********

A/N: Short drama free chapter...

 Max and Dani are together but taking things slow. Thoughts? 

Do you think whatever was between Dani and Carlos ended for good or...? 

 I don't like Max's dad at all but what do you think his opinion on Daniella would be? do you think he will support their relationship?

 What do you think will happen next?

 I am debating whether to keep the story lighthearted for a while like Race 1 or create some more drama...