36

As soon as Daniella entered the paddock a bright smile appeared on her face as she noticed the Aston Martin driver. He was talking to a few people, but ended their short conversation when he noticed Daniella. 

"You are back," Daniella excitedly hugged Sebastian. "And you look healthy."

"It feels good to be back," Sebastian smiled. "And thank you for those care packages, I got all five of them."

"Was that enough?" Daniella asked, looking slightly concerned. "Should I have sent two more?"

"No, five was more than enough," Sebastian let out a laugh. "But did you really have to send those chocolates? My daughters ate all of those and ended up getting sick."

"Sorry," Daniella shot him a guilty look. 

"Don't be," He smirked. "It taught them a very good lesson. They hate chocolates now."

"Poor kids," Daniella tried not to smile. 

Sebastian laughed as both started walking, talking about the past two races. 

***

Daniella was in the middle of the track walk when a hand suddenly covered her eyes, making her jump. Everyone around her laughed at her reaction. 

She quickly went to remove the hand but slowed down once she realized who it was. 

"Remove your hand or else I will take you out on the first lap," She threatened. 

Max laughed and removed his hand from her eyes and she turned around, playfully hitting him, which made him laugh even more. 

"You are so jumpy," Max teased her. "Like a scared monkey."

"You just caught me off guard, okay," Daniella defended herself. 

"Welcome to Danny Riccland," Daniel greeted the two, interrupting their moment. 

Max gave Daniella a confused look. 

"He means Australia," She clarified. 

Max nodded as he looked back at Daniel. 

"Why do you look like you are drunk?" Daniella asked the McLaren driver. 

"I am not drunk, I am happy," Daniel replied with a big smile on his face. "But speaking of drunk…"

"I can see where this is going," Max said as he and Daniella shared a look. 

"I am throwing a party Sunday night.."

"We will be there," Max and Daniella replied at the same time. 

"Awesome," Daniel cheered. "Oh, and no plus one allowed so I think it will be better if you two go to the party together."

"Wait…"

"I have to go now," Daniel quickly said. "Remember, no plus one," He gave Daniella and Max a warning look before walking away in a hurry. 

"I think there is something in the water here because Daniel has been acting weird since he landed," Daniella thought out loud. 

"I don't see anything weird with him," Max shrugged as he put his attention back on Daniella. 

"That explains a lot," She sarcastically replied. 

"Say that again," Max tried to act intimidating but couldn't contain his smile. 

Daniella gave him a challenging look before running away to catch up with her team. 

**********

A/N: Short boring chapter because I had no idea what to write and also getting tired of this story