Chapter 8

~2 months later~

I can finally see the first episode of Sixteen!

It was super stressful. They are all my friends, but in the end there will be only nine left. I don't want them to be eliminated :(

I got up after watching it.

I couldn't wait until this weekend to watch the episode so I had to watch it this morning before I started. I woke up at 3am, in the middle of the night, to make sure I could finish. But now it's 4:15 a.m. and I can't get back to sleep. I decided to go to the training room early. I arrived in front of the room and realized that a light was on.

ㅡChris, what are you doing here? It's 4:30! You do not sleep?

ㅡI couldn't sleep so I came here.

ㅡDo you do this every night?

ㅡHmm...no.

ㅡChris...you're lying. I know you too well. You already work hard enough during the day so why are you putting on extra hours? I worry about you.

ㅡI'm fine. Don't worry.

ㅡYou are not fine. Stop lying. From now on I will personally see to it that you rest well and that you do not work too much.

ㅡNoooo! Do not do that. I don't want to disturb you.

Chris helped me so much. I spent many of my best moments with him. I can say he is one of my best friends. I'll do anything I can to help him, even if it's me who has to tire myself.

~Next morning~

I decided to wake up at 2:30 a.m. to be in the training room at 3 a.m.

I grabbed 2 duvets and 2 cushions and walked towards the room.

Fortunately, there was nobody. I installed my duvet in the corner of the room and went to bed. I was so tired that I fell asleep very quickly.

The sound of the door woke me up. I looked at my watch, it was 4am.

I got up quickly and approached the door. Chris looked at me surprised.

ㅡY/n?! What are you doing here?!

ㅡI came to make sure you would sleep. You see, you can't lie. I wouldn't let you practice. Go back to sleep. Please.

ㅡI can't go back to the dorm. I'm already here and I risk waking the others.

ㅡI knew you wouldn't agree. I brought a second duvet and a second cushion. I won't sleep until you sleep. I know you. I know you'll agree so I can sleep.

ㅡI...I don't know what to say. Usually, I'm like a mom with people. Older people try to take care of me, but I'm not very comfortable with it. But you, you haven't even been here two years, and you've always been so nice to me. You're only 15 and I'm 18, but you're like a mother to me. Thank you so much. This will be the first night I've slept more than 3 hours in months. Maybe years, I don't know.

ㅡStop Chris, you're gonna make me cry. Haha. Come on, come to bed.

We settled into our duvets in a corner of the room. I was about to fall asleep when:

ㅡY/n?

ㅡYes Chris?

ㅡThank you

ㅡThank you too Chris. Sleep well.