Chapter Nine.

Zahir & Sameera's Nikkah Preparation Part Two.

Hayat's Pov.

What Sameera wants, Sameera gets.

That's what I learned from her for all the years I have been friends with her.

Here I am with her applying Mehdi on both of my hands even though I told her I wanted to do it not the entire hand.

Alhamdullilah all the preparations were done and confirmed by Sameera.

"Okay, now that everything is done. I am going......"

I didn't even finish what I was saying when Aunt Hasna walked in with one of their maids carrying plates of food.

"First have dinner then, Khalid will drop off at home. And you can't say no", she says when she saw me open my mouth trying to protest.

"Shukran, Aunt", I took the plate that was in front of me and started eating using a spoon because if I ate with my hands, I wouldn't get the scolding of my life from Sameera who was eyeing me.

I looked at the time and saw that it was a bit early so I took my time to eat.

After I was done, I wanted to stand up when Aunt Hasna brought three bags and handed them to me.

"Sameera, what is this? I told you that I wouldn't accept things from you. And now this", I yelled at her. I wasn't angry I didn't want her to think that we were friends because of the things she gave me.

"Hayat, I know what you are thinking and no my family will never think of you like that. You are apart of this family and you are my sister. Besides, as my maid of honor I have a right to give you anything and you cant refuse and if you do then I will never talk to you", Sameera tells me crossing her hands on her chest.

I had no choice but to accept the bags and in turn, Sameera hugged me.

"Fine, and thank you again. Anyways I have to go now or else...."

"The witch will be angry even though uncle gave you his permission.I will go and call Khalid", Sameera interrupts me and wakes away to call her brother who was in his room.

"I know that she is too much but she loves you more than her friend. She sees you as he sister so returning the gifts will break her heart and the entire family's. We love you and consider you as part of the family", Aunt Hasna tells me.

"I know that, Aunt but I don't want anyone to think badly about me...."

"Whoever does that won't be welcome here at all. They arent family like you", Interrupts Khalid who enters alongside Sameera who has a smirk on her face.

"Fine, can we go now, please? Before she gets any other ides", I tell him but whisper the last part to myself.

"Goodnight and don't forget that in three days I need you here with me", Sameera gave me one last hug before letting me go.

Khalid and I walked to the car.

I opened the passenger door and went in while Khalid did the same.

"Thank you for driving me home", I tell him. Khalid shakes his head and smiles.

"What?", I asked him.

"Don't let people walk over you. Respect yourself enough to do that because in this cruel world no one will be able to lift you up except yourself", he says to me.

I know what he is saying is true but we need to have the strength to do that even if it's from our parents.

"I know and thank you. But I don't think am that kind of person because all I see is the good in people and not the bad" I explain to him but I knew that it was somehow pointless because he was right in many ways.

My stepmother Maryam and stepsister Jameela were taking advantage of me.

I don't want my papa to suffer because of my mistakes.

"By the way, I heard that Aayan's parents came to your house for a marriage proposal. Are you going to accept?", he asks me changing the topic.

"How do you know that?....Never mind I know who told you. I don't know maybe I will. Papa says they are good people so I have no objections", I answered him.

"I think you should accept it because as you said they are good people and they loved you from the first moment they saw you". He says.

Khalid had a point but what about Aayan's opinion?

Would he say yes to the proposal or not?