Chapter Fourteen.

Aayan Sees Maryam Slap Hayat.

Hayat's Pov

After what happened at school, thankfully the principal let me go home early but I didn't want to go knowing that they were there.

I didn't have anywhere to go and I couldn't ask Aayan to take me to see Azaan whom I miss very much. I knew that he saw the bruise on my cheek from the slaps that Maryam gave me a few days back.

"Thank you for the tour, I hope you will give me an answer as soon as possible", Aayan tells me.

My answer is yes but I needed to pray swalahtul isthtikhara. It's the prayer that I pray to make decisions in my life that are important.

"In shaa Allah", I answer him.

Every decision to make in anyone's life shouldn't be made in haste as one might regret it later on in the future.

We both walked away from each other but what I didn't know was that he followed until I reached home and that was a big mistake because he saw what I didn't want him or even Sameera to see.

Aayan's pov.

I enjoyed the tour of the school as it was very interesting not only because of the way it is but also because of the person who gave me the tour.

I wanted to give her a lift home but I found myself alone in the parking lot.

"Maybe she hasn't gone far. I might still catch up to her", I say as I opened the car door and got in.

While driving I looked for her figure everywhere my eyes could reach. I gave up and drove straight to her house because I knew she would have arrived by then.

I parked the car and got out before even knocking on the front door. I could hear someone abusing and cursing someone inside.

I didn't even think about anything when I opened the door without breaking it. I walked in to find Hayat on the floor being beaten up by a woman and another one who was sitting on the couch looking at the scene in front of her without caring about Hayat's health.

Before I could even make a sound, Hayat turned to see me and gasped making the women look at me in shock that I found out what they were doing.

"Aayan".

I heard her say making the two women open their eyes wide realizing who I am.

"Umm....."

One of the women on the couch started giving the other woman eye signals.

But all I could see was Hayat on the floor. Her face was swollen and she had a cut on her cheek.

I wanted to say something to them but Hayat shook her head telling me not to say anything to them.

This is what they do every day when no one is there to defend them.

"She came home with someone that's why she deserves to be beaten....."

I couldn't care less about what they were saying because all I could think of was her lying on the floor hurt.

Zahir told me a few things about Hayat when I called him a few days after they left for their honeymoon. The woman who was abusing her was her stepmother and the other one who sat down was her step-sister.

I moved to her side and held her in my arms as she started crying. I knew that it wasn't good for me to touch her but I had to help her.

They looked at me with regret in their eyes. Regret that they have been caught and not because they were abusing Hayat.