Chapter Thirty.

Their First Date Or Disaster Part One.

Getting To Know Hayat Better.

Hayat's Pov

Living in Sameera and Zahir's house isn't something I wanted for myself especially when I am a married woman. But the same married woman whose husband treats her as a stranger.

I have no idea what I have done to deserve this from him. I am by myself trying to get my memories back but nothing is happening.

I keep coming up with the name Azaan over and over again. Like a mantra.

I have to keep myself busy as I was given time to heal by the school principal.

Teaching is what I love to do and I would rather go back to school and teach rather than stay home doing nothing other than being idle.

As I was about to make myself something to eat, I heard the doorbell ring.

Who could it be?

Sameera and Zahir are at work and they wouldn't be home until a little later.

I walked to the door and asked who it was. I was shocked to hear that it was Aayan.

What is he doing here? He hasn't visited me since I left the hospital and that's when he demanded to drive me to Sameera's house. I then opened the door to let him in. Thankfully I still have my hijab on as I didn't take it off.

"Asalam Aleikum, Hayat. How are you doing?", he asks me.

"Waleikum salaam. Am good alhamdullilah", I greeted him back as I led him to the living room.

I was curious as to why he was here. But I didn't say anything to him but waited for him to say something.

"I need to talk to you, it's important," he tells me taking a seat on the sofa. He then motioned me to sit next to him.

I took a sit on the other chair facing him and waited for him to talk.

"I want you to come back home with me. To our house. It hasn't been the same ever since that day of the accident. I....."

Before he could continue, I needed to ask him an important question that has been bothering me.

"Who is Azaan?", I asked him. His face turned to a surprised one when I mentioned the name Azaan.

"He is my...our son", he says to me.

I immediately got a flashback when he said that.

"He is mine. My son, mine. Not yours. Do you understand?", he tells me angrily. "Next don't you repeat that he is your son. He isn't yours"...

"Hayat, are you alright?", he asks me bringing me out of my flashback.

All I could do is nod.

Why did he tell me that? Did I do something wrong for him to tell me that he isn't and will never be my son?

"I remember...

Aayan's Pov.

"I remember you telling that; "He is mine. My son, mine. Not yours. Do you understand?", he tells me angrily. "Next don't you repeat that he is your son? He isn't yours"...

I was ashamed when she said that. At any time she would get her memory back and maybe she would never forgive me for the words I said to her.

"Did I do anything to you that you said that to me? Was I a bad mother that you said that he isn't mine but only yours?", she asks me with tears coming out of her eyes?