Chapter Thirty-Eight.

A Weekend Away Part One.

Aayan's Pov.

When both Hayat and I suggested to our parents to take a trip to the beach house. Let's just say they turned against us.

How?

They wanted us to go there as a family but without Azaan so this didn't go well with Hayat as she doesn't want to be away from him.

"Hayat, go and enjoy. Besides, Azaan will always be here waiting for you to return. You two deserve that because of what you have been through with everything that happened", mamma advises her.

Hayat looked at me but I didn't know what to say because I know that in a way mamma is right and so is Hayat.

"Okay but of there's any type of emergency, don't hesitate to call us", Hayat says pointing at herself and me.

"Okay, we promise. In shaa Allah nothing bad will happen to your prince. So tomorrow morning you will drive there as it is an hour's drive. We will take Azaan with us tonight so that you two could pack properly without trying to get out of this trip," Mum tells us smiling.

We all agreed that it was what we needed. Time to talking Azaan even though he will agree with whatever Hayat tells him.

He listens to her more than he listens to me which is good for me. I get to be the less strict parent while Hayat gets to be the strict one.

Hayat's Pov.

When our parents suggested we take the trip instead of them, I was looking for every single excuse not to go.

It wasn't because I didn't want to go but I was in a way scared to spend time alone with Aayan. I trust him a lot.

And he hasn't given me a reason for me not to trust him. Many women will know what I am talking about.

The wedding night, well mine never happened because of what Aayan said.

I couldn't blame him for wanting time but as a wife that wasn't something you would expect from your husband to whom you just got married.

I agreed to marry him because I felt a connection with Aayan and Azaan.

"Hayat, Aayan we have to leave now. We will be back to take Azaan with us", mamma says as she left with dad behind her.

I had my reservations when it came to being with Aayan for the entire weekend.

What if things happen that would make the entire trip weird?

What if he turned into the same person I married?

What if he turns distant?

"Hayat, are you alright?", Aayan asks me with a worried look on his face.

"I am fine, Alhamdullilah. Go and talk to Azaan while I serve lunch", I tell him knowing that he couldn't do it.

Because he thinks that Azaan only listens to me and not him.

This is true.

"Hayat, no. You know that isn't....."

I looked at him trying not to laugh at him.

"Come on, Aayan. You need to talk to him. What if I am not here? What if I am at work?", I ask him.

"I would call you to come back home and then you will have to talk to him," he says grinning.

"Fine, then you serve the lunch, my dear husband while I go talk to my son", I tell him walking away leaving him speechless.

In marriage, a couple compromises with their children and what happens in their marriage.

I walked into Azaan's room to find him on his desk doing his homework.

Alhamdullilah.

I slowly approached him and saw that he was almost done with his homework. When he saw me, he turned toward me with a smile on his face.

"Asalam Aleikum, my prince", I tell him kissing his forehead.

"Waleikum Salaam, mamma", he says smiling.

"I wanted to ask you something, is that alright with you?", I ask him. I wait for him to answer.

"Okay, mamma. What is it?", he says.

"Do you love to stay with Papa and mama a lot?", I ask him.

He calls Mamma and dad that ever since he could talk.

"Yes, I do. They give me loads and loads of toys to play with. Why, mamma?", he says.

I then explain to him that his father and I were going on a trip but he needed to stay with his grandparents for just a weekend.

After I was done explaining to him, I waited for his reaction.

"Okay, mamma. I will stay with mama and papa so that you could give a small sister or even a brother. Any would do I don't mind", he says to me smiling.

This is Aayan's doing. That husband of mine what will I do to you?

"Umm... In shaa Allah, "I tell him not knowing what else to say.

But what I didn't know was that my husband was watching and listening to us. He had heard what Azaan said and was all smiles.

I turned to face the door only to find Aayan standing there trying not to laugh at my face when he heard what Azaan said to me.

He walks in and sits next to me while we both face Azaan.

"Baba did you hear what I said?", Azaan asks his father enthusiastically.

Aayan nods at him.

"Yes, I heard. And I will say the same thing your mamma said to you. In shaa Allah", he says taking my hand into his.

Azaan's smile lit his face. Alhamdullilah.

We then helped him finish the rest of his homework and then went to have dinner.

Ya Allah, guide me to what I should do. To where I should be and most importantly protect my family and forgive them.

Family is everything to someone who had no one in their life. Like an orphan who gets married and earns a family. Love, protect, and care for them because people might leave you but your family won't.