Chapter Thirty-Nine

A Weekend Away Part Two.

Aayan's Pov.

After packing our bags and we didn't need to pack anything for Azaan as he had everything he needs at Mum and Dad's house.

It was almost time for him to go with them. Hayat was talking to him, telling him to behave and be a good boy and not to trouble Mama and papa.

"I promise you that I will always be a good boy to mama and papa", he says hugging her.

These are the moments that are to be cherished and to be kept in our hearts.

I never thought I would be married let alone find love. Hayat came into our lives when we needed her.

"Baba, why are you staring at mamma so much? Does she have dirt on her face?", Azaan asks me while Hayat was trying to control her laughter.

"Son, when you grow up. You will understand everything that I do with your mamma. But for now the answers to your questions is no", I tell him.

Mum was the first to walk in followed by Dad. They rarely go out without each other. If one is in front the other one is behind the following.

"Asalam Aleikum. Is Azaan ready?", mum asks looking at Hayat knowing that she still had her reservations about this trip.

"Waleikum salaam. Yes, he is ready. He is waiting for you two", Hayat says smiling.

"Sorry to keep him waiting but this one wanted to get you two something for the trip", Mum says pointing at Dad who was carrying a bag.

He then handed us the bag and Hayat waited for me to open it.

Inside there were baby clothes. I couldn't even remove them from the bag and just handed the bag to Hayat who looked inside and shook her head.

"Now, I know where Azaan got his idea from. This will happen when it is supposed to happen. In shaa Allah", Hayat says making Mum smile.

"Come on Azaan. Let's go before you mamma stops us", dad says holding out his hand for Azaan to take.

Then they walked out leaving Mum pouting.

"I guess I will have to go too. Have a safe trip and In shaa Allah come back with great news", she says to us.

After they left, Hayat burst into laughter. I knew that she was holding it when Mum and dad were here.

Hayat's Pov.

How does a person react when your in-laws hand you a bag filled with baby clothes?

Aayan looks at me as I laugh while looking at the clothes.

"What's funny?", he asks smiling.

"This is funny. I need Azaan to be ready before this happens. And I also need him to know that when this happens it won't change the way I feel for him. He will always be my son no matter what", I tell him.

What he did next, surprise me. He hugged me.

"Thank you for thinking about him", he says kissing my forehead.

"It is what a mother does to her children. Think of them before making a big decision that will alter their lives. Plus Allah knows best when this will happen. And He knows when we are ready for another child", I tell him.

A child's reaction to something should always be reconsidered. As their decision will make things easier.

We walked out of the house to go to the beach house. Our bags were already inside the car. As Aayan was driving, I couldn't help but remember Jameela.

Her mother is in jail for life. I pray that it won't affect her or her baby.

"Care to share what you are thinking about?", Aayan asks me.

"Its nothing. Just thinking of Jameela and how she is handling everything. Alhamdullilah she has a supportive husband and in-laws...."

"And she has us, Habibty. Don't forget that she is your sister too and my sister-in-law", he added making me smile.

"Thank you for giving her a second chance", I tell him.

"No need to say thank you. You are right, we should forgive her and give another chance. Everyone deserves and second chance in life to turn their lives around", he says surprising me.

We arrived at the beach house half an hour later just like Mum said. It was a beautiful two-story house with a fence on the front.

Aayan already told me that there were more than ten bedrooms. I asked him why does it have that many rooms.

"Mum and dad wanted more kids but unfortunately when mum gave birth to me the doctor told them that if she would have another baby, it would be a risky pregnancy. Either the baby will lose its life or mum", he explained to me. "And that's why they want Azaan to stay with them", he added.

Aayan parked the car and we both go out. We then help each other in getting our bags and then walked to the door.

He then unlocked the door and then we walked in. It was very beautiful. The sun was coming in every window that had the curtains drawn.

I could see the beach which had a calm feeling and serene.

Aayan walked towards one of the master bedrooms and put our bags down.

"This will be one room, what do you think? If you want we could go to a different room or you could pick any of the rooms you want....."

As he was blubbering with stopping. I put my hand on his mouth to stop him from talking.

"This room is beautiful Ma Shaa Allah. No need to go to a different room", I tell him removing my hand from his mouth.

"Okay. Sorry it is just I want you to be comfortable when you are with me. Plus I don't want mum and dad to think that I am mistreating their daughter", he says.

"You aren't going to do that. Besides, we are here to have fun and enjoy. But Azaan would have really enjoyed this place", I tell him looking out the window that faced the beach.

"Not only Azaan.... You, me and our children", he says hugging me.

"So how many children would you like to add?", I ask him.

"Four more plus Azaan that's five...."

I turned to face him and shook my head.

"One plus Azaan that's two".

"Two"

"One"

"Two"

"One"

We began saying one and two until we both started to laugh.

"Any child we will have will be loved equally. Besides, I will be happy with any number of kids we will have. In shaa Allah",Aayan tell me.

"In shaa Allah".

That night began a new beginning for both of us in our lives.

Azaan and our parents might even get their wish. Maybe, maybe not.

Allah knows best.