Chapter Twenty-Nine

The heart will always remember what the mind forgets.

Leaving The Hospital And Going To Live With Sameera.

Hayat's pov.

Lying to my father about my memories is somehow the worse thing I have ever done to both him and me. I don't want to be a burden to him knowing that he is happy that am now married.

Many questions will always be unanswered because no one is willing to answer them.

Not Sameera.

Not Zahir.

And not Aayan who is my husband.

How can I go to his home when I don't even remember our wedding?

Today is the day I am getting discharged from the hospital alhamdulillah.

Hayat, are you alright?", Sameera asks me. I don't know how to answer her.

"I am okay, alhamdullilah. Thank you for doing this. If I would have it any other way..."

"I know and understand what you are trying to tell me, Hayat. You are welcome any time at my house. Besides, you are my sister no matter what happens. Plus I won't want the witch to hurt you", she interrupts me.

This made me smile.

Whoever Azaan is, I hope and pray that he is safe from any type of harm.

Strangely how connected I am to him even though I don't even know him.

Zahir brought the discharge papers for me to sign.

Why?

I asked him to do that. I didn't want anyone to sign them.

Not my father who I had to lie to so that I won't be a burden to him.

And not Aayan who has been acting like a stranger to me.

"You are all set, Hayat. I will leave you to get dressed and then I will get you a wheelchair", He tells me.

I thank him and then he walked out of the room leaving Sameera to help me.

"Can I ask you a question, Hayat?", she asks me as she helps me get dressed.

"Ask, Sam", I tell her even though she would ask without my permission.

"How do you find Aayan?", she asks surprisingly.

I looked at her with a confused look on my face.

"What do you mean by that?", I asked feeling a bit confused.

"As a person. As your husband?", she explained further.

"I don't know. He acts like a stranger to me even though we are married. I know that maybe our marriage might be arranged but he doesn't even talk to me as a wife. We are more like strangers than husband and wife", I answer her without knowing that someone is outside listening to what I just said.

"Would you give him a chance if he asks for it?", she asks me.

"Sure but if he is honest to me and doesn't treat me like a stranger. If he ever wants a second chance he will need to be my friend first. Because that's the first step in a relationship", I tell her as I tie my hijab.

Aayan's pov.

Hearing what she said. I was saddened by the fact that she feels that way for me. I broke her heart without her knowing.