Chapter Nineteen

Trouble In The Form Of Stepmother.

Maryam's pov.

Hayat doesn't deserve any type of happiness that is supposed to be Jameela's and not hers. I knew that Ahmed won't do anything to me or even to Jameela.

I hate this.

Ahmed made us go out of the house because of Aayan and his parents who were coming to see his precious daughter Hayat.

I despise her.

I must do something to make sure that Jameela is the winner.

But knowing my daughter she would want me to stay away from Hayat's life because of the scolding she got from Ahmed.

Ahmed is the only father she ever knew in her life. He gives her everything and anything she needs in life.

"Jameela, you must understand that this is for your own good my princess....."

"No, mum. This isn't what I want in my life. I want to be happy with whatever he gives me because after all am not his biological daughter and yet he treats me like one. Besides, I am planning to introduce someone that I met in college recently. He is serious about us and wants to get married....."

I interrupted her knowing that it was him.

"Jameela, he doesn't even have money. How will he look after you? How will you live? How will you enjoy life as you are enjoying now?", I try and explain to her but she is adamant about pursuing the relationship between her and Waleed.

"Waleed isn't the one I want for you...."

"Why, mum? Because he isn't rich like Uncle Ahmed is. I love him, mum. And we will make it with or without your help and I know now that Hayat is and will always be a good person no matter what we do to her. She even told her father not to take action against us for what we did to her. She even told her father not to take action against us for what we did to her. Do you know why? It is because she still considers us her family no matter what we do to her and I want to stop mistreating her because it isn't right", she tells me.

It is because of her my daughter is going against me. Because of her, I will be losing my Jameela.

I will have to make a plan with or even without Jameela to ruin whatever she and her father has planned for her engagement.

"Fine but don't come to me when things don't go your way. I will do what is best for me now".

Jameela's Pov.

Have you ever wondered why you treat someone badly, they will always treat you well. It is because of their kind and good heart.

And that person I am talking about is Hayat.

She has always been kind to me even if I wasn't to her. She has shown me that the way my mother is wasn't the right way.

Hayat deserves to be happy and I will make sure that she is even if it's going against my mother in whatever she is planning.

Uncle Ahmed has been a great father to both Hayat and me. He has never treated any of us as inferior to one another. He treated us like we were both his daughters.

While I took his kindness and started abusing Hayat who did nothing to me. It was the wake-up call that I needed to make for myself because the way I was going wasn't the right way.

I looked up to Hayat because of the way she is She never lost hope or faith in anyone including my mother and me.

I could hear her cry at night while praying for me and mum to change and to be a family.

I want that with all my heart.

The only way to stop mum was to warn Hayat about her schemes and plans to ruin her life and her future.

It is time for change to happen as Hayat wanted it to happen. And I will start by telling her mum's plans, all of them.

I am sorry, mum but you can't hurt Hayat anymore.

Ya Allah, give me the courage that I will need to help Hayat in this. And ya Allah, make mum understand that what is she doing isn't good because it will hurt me more than anyone else.

Prayers are what makes people strong and now I want that in my life.