Chapter Thirteen.

Accepting Aayan's Marriage Proposal.

Hayat's Pov.

It has been a few days since that night happened and every day Azaan would call me to talk to me. I miss that little boy.

I already finished making breakfast, as usual, I don't get to eat it but Alhamdullilah I get to eat at the school cafeteria for the teachers.

I quickly got dressed because I had been avoiding the two witches as Sameera calls them whenever she came home.

They were usually extra nice to her, more like faking their niceness because they thought that Sameera would look their way.

But Sameera wasn't the kind of person to do that. She has values and morals that her family instilled in her.

I walked out of the house without even saying bye to Papa as I didn't want him to ask if I have had breakfast.

I hate lying to him because he wants what's best for me and I can't complain about anything.

All I have to say is Alhamdullilah.

Allah knows best.

I arrived at the school only to find the principal was waiting for me in my class.

Bismillahi, I hope I am not in any trouble.

"Asalam Aleikum, Ms. Ali. How are you doing?", the principal Mr. Abdulrahim asks me.

"Waleikum Salaam, am good alhamdullilah and you sir?", I answered him.

He nodded and then cleared his throat.

"There's a new benefactor and today he is coming to see the school. I want you to show him around and don't worry about your students I have a substitute for them just for today. He will be here in a half an hour", Mr. Abdulrahman explains to him. "You are the best candidate to show him around", he added.

I knew what he meant by that. It meant that the benefactor was either married or doesn't want women who ask about his status.

"Okay sir. I will do that. Is there anything else that you need?", I ask him.

"No, that's all. I will leave you now and I will send the substitute to you, " he says, leaving me wondering who the benefactor is.

After a few minutes, the substitute walked into the classroom while I was planning my class's lessons to give to her.

"Hey, I am Sandra the sub for this class. You must be Hayat", she introduced herself putting her hand out for me to shake.

"Hey yeah I am. Welcome. Sorry I was planning the lessons for you because it would easier if I did that for you", I shake her hand and smiled at her.

After explaining to her how the lessons were supposed to be and which students needed extra time the principal came to the classroom and told me that he was there.

The benefactor.

Mr. Abdulrahman took me to his office where the benefactor was waiting for me.

When he opened his office door I couldn't believe who I saw.

Aayan.

Aayan's Pov.

Today was the day I would go and see how my contribution to the school is being managed by the principal.

It's not about trust, it's about believing that people can do good with the contribution they get from the school or even a masjid.

Some people might think it's good to steal from donations that were given by a benefactor than to make the school or even the masjid a better place for everyone.