Chapter Twenty-One

Aayan And Hayat's Engagement.

Two Months Later.

Hayat's pov.

It has been two months since I said yes to Aayan's proposal. It felt unreal because I thought that I would never get married because of Maryam's threats of marrying me to an old man so that Jameela could get married to some rich.

Allah knows best. These words are what make every morning a good one. It doesn't have to be a great morning but all you have to do is say Alhamdullilah, right?

Today is my engagement with Aayan. The weird thing is that I never wanted an engagement day to happen.

Why?

Because I didn't want to make a big deal out of what is happening at home. And also because I didn't want Maryam to think that am rubbing it in her face.

Some things never change. I say this because of none other than my best friend Sameera.

She is more excited than I am and I am the bride-to-be.

Alhamdullilah for her being here for me because I have no idea what to do.

Maryam has been scarce ever since Papa talked to her about what had happened to me. She has been avoiding me whenever she sees me.

"Earth to Hayat. Are you alright?", Sameera asks me waving her hand in my face.

"Yes, am good alhamdulillah", I answered her. Alhamdullilah hasn't found out about what happened when she was on her honeymoon.

Otherwise, there would be trouble especially when she is as protective of me as I am of her.

"Let me guess, you are thinking of Aayan, right?", she asks raising her eyebrows and then winking at me.

"Just like you are thinking of Zahir, right?", I tell her making her blush.

"I am not denying nor confirming that", she tells me smiling. Happiness is radiating off her.

"Anyways, this is what you will wear tonight at your engagement and you will be matching with Azaan and Aayan too", she added giving me the dress that she chose.

Who is the bride?

Me.

And who makes the decisions?

Her.

I love her to death but she is getting too bossy with me as always.

"Okay, anything else?", I ask her. Note the sarcasm.

"Yes, make sure the ring is always on your finger no matter what", she says to me not caring about the sarcastic remark I made.

Before I could say anything, I could see Jameela peeping into my room trying to come inside.

"Jameela, you can come in", I call out to her making Sameera glare at her. "Sam, behave", I whisper to her.

"Asalam Aleikum, sorry if I am disturbing you. Can I seat with you two?", she says to me.

"No".

"Yes".

Sameera said no while I said yes.

"Yes, sure. You can", I tell her. I looked at the way she is dressed. At least she is trying not to dress provocatively as she usually does.

When people want to change they need a heart and support because some changes aren't made alone. Support of a family or even friends.

"Do you need any help?", Jameela timidly asks me knowing that one wrong move or even a word Sameera would have in her head.