Chapter Thirty-Three

New Evidence Of Hayat's Accident.

Hayat's Pov.

Walking up in the morning and the first thing we should always do is thank Allah for waking us up because you might never know that someone took their last breath when they fell asleep.

Alhamdullilah.

After we finished praying, Aayan insisted on us taking a nap as it wasn't even seven. I wasn't used to it but what can I do about it except say yes to him?

"Aayan, I am sorry about last night's behaviour. I wasn't myself...."

"No need to say you are sorry. I understand what you are going through. As a parent, I know that the children we have are important to us. Besides, it is good you got your memories back and that's a great thing. Alhamdullilah", he says interrupting me.

I smiled at him and he smiled back at me.

"I think mum will drop off Azaan in the afternoon, or do you have somewhere to be?", he asks me knowing that I might go back to work.

"No, I don't have anywhere to be. And as for my teaching job, I took a leave because of my accident. I will go back in a month In shaa Allah, "I explain to him. "Should I make them some food or?", I ask him.

"No need for that. Because Farwa baked cookies and that's what they will have. I know that Azaan will not eat when he sees you. He will be by your side....."

"Are you jealous of him?", I ask him. When he didn't answer, I looked at him and I saw the way he looked.

Weird.

"You are jealous of Azaan. Why?", I added asking him.

"Because you love him when he hasn't even done anything. While I am trying to make things work between us", he answers which surprised me. "I want us to start a new beginning without anyone getting in between us. Would you let me in your heart?", he added.

I didn't know what to say to him. I have never had any guy that would do that for me.

"In shaa Allah, Allah knows best. Yeah I will let you in but please don't hurt me", I tell him.

Aayan's Pov.

When she asked me not to hurt her, I felt guilty for what I did to her.

She took my hand with hers and looked at me.

"I forgive you. And whatever you said it is in the past forgotten by me so you have to forget it too. Now can I go make breakfast or we will just stay in the room?", she asks me with a smile.

Allah knows best. Yes, He does. Alhamdullilah.

"Yes, let's go. But make those chocolate chip pancakes that you always make for Azaan", I tell her.

She shakes her head and lets go of my hand to tie her hijab.

"You know you don't have to tie your hijab around me, Hayat", I tell her.

"I know, am doing this because of sudden visitors that might come unannounced. Like Zahir or even your business associates", she says.

I nod and let her tie the hijab.

Today is the day that Azaan will see her after the accident and it is also the day I find out what new evidence the police have on Hayat's accident.

Yah Allah, I hope and pray that it isn't the one I am suspecting. If it is then give me the strength that I will need to tell them who is responsible for my wife's accident.

I looked at Hayat as she prepares our breakfast as Farwa hasn't arrived yet.

"Here help me chop this", she tells me handing me a knife, chopping board, and an onion.

How hard could it be?

I thought to myself as I place the onion on the chopping board.

I got my answer when I started slicing it weirdly. In cubes instead of what Hayat wanted.

"I am done", I tell her. Hayat turn around to find a mess of the onion she gave me.

She then looked at me holding herself from laughing.

"What happened to the poor onion?", she asks trying not to laugh.

"Well, you said that I should chop it and I did", I tell her.

Hayat couldn't hold it any longer she started laughing and holding her stomach.

"I am sorry but how did you cook for us last night?", she asks me.

"I reheat the food that Farwa already prepared", I confess to her. I looked at her and saw that she was looking into my eyes.

Before I could ask anything, she put her hands on both sides of my face and wiped the tears that were there. I didn't even know that I had them.

"Its okay. I can still use them. And Aayan thank you", she says taking the chopping board and starting cooking.

Am I feeling something for her? Could it be love?

"Aayan, come and let's eat", she says waving her hand to my face.

We went to the dining room to find the food on the table. We sat down and started eating.

"Aayan could you...."

Before she could say anything else, my phone started ringing. I didn't want to answer it because we were still having breakfast.

"Go ahead, it might be important", she says gesturing for me to answer the phone.

And she was right, it was important. It is my friend who works for the police, he had an update on Hayat's accident.

I excused myself and went to the study to take the call.

"Hello. Asalam Aleikum Zain. How are you?", I ask him.

"Waleikum salaam, my friend I am good Alhamdullilah. I am calling about the update on your wife's accident. We found a lead and it's not good considering who it is", he tells me.

He confirms my worst fear.

"Are you going to tell her?", he asks me.

"How will I tell her that someone she has known her entire life wants her dead? Until we gather more evidence then we can expose them infront of everyone", I tell him.

"Okay, my friend. I will get to that. And Aayan take care of her as they might strike at any time", he tells me.

We say goodbye to each other and then hung up the phone.

How is it possible for someone to hurt people and not even have a guilty conscious? Ya Allah, guide me from this.

I stood there in the study trying to think of a way to tell my wife that her accident wasn't an accident but someone what to kill her.

Why?

Jealousy

I didn't hear the door open.

Hayat walked in and put her hand on my shoulder which made me look up.

"Whats wrong?", she asks me. I looked at her trying to find the will to tell her what I knew but I couldn't even say anything.

"Nothing is wrong", I tell her.

What she says surprised me.

"When you are ready to tell me. I am here to listen but for now let's go and finish our breakfast as it is getting cold", she says taking my hand and started walking out of the office and towards the dining room.

I looked at Hayat knowing that she is the one for me. I have to tell her what I know but the question is how will she react to the news?

Love your family, no matter who they are because they are yours and no one else can be part of it unless you want them to be. Family isn't always about having the same blood or having blood relations. Friends can even be a family.