Chapter Twenty-Four.

Decision Making.

Decisions can be good, bad, or even worse but they must be made because of maybe letting go or even moving on.

Aayan's Pov.

As we are in the car on our way to the house. I knew that I needed to tell her about what I have decided.

"Hayat, can I ask you something?", I tell her.

"Sure, go ahead. You can ask me anything", she says with a smile on her face.

"I am sorry", I started taking her hand with mine while the other hand was holding the steering wheel. " We will share a room but we will not be intimate with each other. The main reason is that I....."

She squeezed my hand and smiled.

"I understand. Don't worry about it. Allah knows best in everything. Plus I do understand what you are trying to say so again don't worry because I am not the kind of person who will pressure or even throw a tantrum. Take your time, I will be here for you and Azaan".

She continues to surprise me more and more. Zahir was right about her. Sometimes it takes the right person to tell you the right words for you.

"Thank you for understanding", I tell her squeezing her hand.

Hayat's Pov

Everyone has their reasons for making decisions for themselves. I understood what Aayan was saying. His feeling is that I will replace his late wife and Azaan's mother but she will always hold a great place in their lives.

She is and will always be Azaan's mother and I will never take that away from Aayan and also Azaan whom I love as my son.

I knew that my suitcases were already delivered to his house this very night by Zahir who had offered to take them when he dropped Sameera at home.

As we arrived at his house, Aayan parks the car. He opens the door and I get out of the car.

His house is beautiful Ma shaa Allah.

"Come in. And I will show around tomorrow morning In shaa Allah", he tells me holding my hand. I followed him inside but no one was there.

"It's a beautiful house, Aayan. But who takes care of Azaan?", I ask him as he leads me upstairs.

"I have maids, Hayat but mum gave them off until next month. As for Azaan, Farwa took care of him when I am at work the entire day", he explained to me.

I nodded and continued to follow him until we reached a closed door.

He then opens the door to his room. It was decorated beautifully for a couple on their wedding night but they aren't us.

I respected his decisions toward intimacy. Not everyone is ready or will be ready for that.

"Umm... You can change in the bathroom and I will change here, okay?", he asks me.

"Okay, sure".

I gathered my sleeping pajamas plus my hijab and walked into the bathroom. But first I have to remove all the makeup and the jewelry.

I looked in the mirror seeing a married woman whose husband isn't ready to accept her just yet.

"Hayat, you can do this. Pretend he is just a roommate. Just a roommate", I say to myself finishing removing my makeup.

Now it was time for the jewelry. My father has given me mamma's favorite necklace to wear today.

He gifted it to her when he proposed marriage in front of my grandparents.

"All done", I tell myself as I put on my hijab, and then I walked out taking my wedding attire with me.

"You can keep them there in that drawer and the clothes in the wardrobe", Aayan tells me.

"Okay, thank you".

I did that and walked towards the couch that was there in the room. I sat down looking at the watch on my wrist.

It was time for Isha's prayer. I got up and went to make wudhu.

"Aayan, come and let's pray", I call him as I was laying my prayer mat on the floor next to the couch.

"Okay, wait for me", he said surprising me.
Sameera told me that he stopped because of what happened in his life and his wife.

Miracles can happen.

I waited for him. He came after five minutes and stood there waiting for me to start.

"Umm, Aayan. Could you be the Imam?", I ask him hoping he would say yes.

"Sure", he agrees as he moved forward and then started the prayers.

After we were done praying and I was reading my Duas I looked over to Aayan to see what he was doing. He kept his hands on his face.

I reached out to touch him but instead, he got startled.

"What's wrong?", I ask worriedly.

"Thank you for this, Hayat", he tells me putting his head on my shoulders.

I was confused as to why he was thanking me. He got up and walked towards the couch and then he called me over.

I folded the mats and walked towards him taking a seat next to him.

"Let's go to bed", he says getting up. I could see his eyes had some unshed tears.

"I will sleep here...."

"Hayat, the bed is big for the both of us. Or if it makes you feel better I could make a pillow wall between us", he says while putting the extra pillows in the middle of the bed.

"Thank you and goodnight", I tell him.

"You are welcome and goodnight to you too", he replies to me.

"Aayan, if there's anything I could for you. I am here to listen. You can consider me a friend, okay?", I tell him. I then switched off the lights making the room dark.

"I am sorry if I have disappointed you...."

"Hey, stop saying sorry. My Mamma always told me respect other people's decisions and try to understand them. Because not everyone is willing to tell you their decisions because you arent important. So I should be happy that you told me. Besides, we can try to be friends, okay?", I interrupted him.

"You are unique, Hayat. Friends", he says laughing. He then turned the other way and closed his eyes.

Ya Allah, show him the guidance that he will need. Open his eyes and his heart so that he can be true to himself and You.

I close my eyes after saying my duas with a smile on my face because I made Aayan pray for the first time.

Alhamdullilah.