Chapter Twenty-Five.

Tangled.

Aayan's Pov.

When I finished praying with Hayat I could feel something that I thought I lost a long time ago.

The peace.

The tranquillity that prayers have and most of the inner peace. She is truly an angel that was sent to me and Azaan so that she could help us heal.

I looked at her side of the bed only to find her sleeping with her hijab on.

Does it not irritate her?

I thought to myself and I moved my hand towards her face trying to ease the crease in between her eyebrows. She understood me when I told her about not getting intimate.

"Why are you like this, Hayat? Pure and angelic yet people just tend to take advantage of your pure heart. I will try my best to be a friend and a good husband to you. I am sorry if I have hurt you by giving you that condition", I told her while I knew that she couldn't hear me as she was asleep.

Love is a strange word. We feel it yet we are unsure of it. Thank you, Hayat for making me pray with you.

I turned my back to sleep but all I could think about was how can someone like her exist in this cruel world.

I close my eyes hoping to fall asleep.

Hayat's Pov.

I could hear the alarm for Fajr's prayer but I couldn't move. I wondered why. I opened my eyes to find myself in Aayan's arms.

I tried to move but all he did was pull me closer to him.

How did we end up in this situation?

All of the pillows were thrown on the floor. I looked up to see him sleeping. He looked peaceful but I needed to get up so did he.

I slowly moved but I still ended up back in his arms.

"What does this guy eat?", I whisper to myself. I decided to wake him up too so that he could pray.

Here I go.

"Aayan, get up. It is time for prayers", I shook his shoulder but all he did was open his eyes and look at me.

When he removed his arms from me I quickly got up and walked into the bathroom to make wudhu for my prayers.

Once I was done, I walked out to find him in the same position. I shook his leg to wake him up.

"Aayan, it is time for prayers", I tell him. He gets up and walks towards the wardrobe and then comes out. "I will wait for you so that we could pray together", I tell him.

He nodded and went to the bathroom.

Aayan's Pov.

Walking up with Hayat in my arms made my sleep peaceful. I don't know how we ended up in that situation. When she shook me to wake me up. I just opened my eyes to see how beautiful she is.

When she quickly ran to the bathroom, I felt alone. I shut my eyes for a few minutes when she woke me up again. Telling me it was time for prayers and that she would wait for me.

I walked into the bathroom and washed my face. I then looked in the mirror and saw someone who was trying to be the same person as they were before tragedy struck in their lives.

I walked out of the bathroom after I finished my wudhu. When I walked into the room I saw her sitting on the couch waiting for me to start praying.

I moved closer to her to see if she was asleep or awake. But to my surprise, she was awake making her Duas. I cleared my throat to get her attention.

She looked up and saw me standing near the two prayer mats that she kept near the couch.

"Ready?", she asks. I nodded.

I started praying while she followed. My heart was beating very fast, and the inner peace that I thought I lost was slowly coming back to me all because of Hayat.

I could feel a tear falling down my face as I did my salam finishing the prayer.

"Aayan, what's wrong? Is everything alright?", Hayat asks me as she turns to face me.

Before I could even say anything she put her hands on my face wiping the tears that were falling.

"Its okay. I know what you are feeling. I am here whenever you need me to be always. As a friend and a companion", she tells me. I looked at her but all I could see was an angel in front of me.

An angel that came at the right time for me Azaan. Allah knows we need someone like Hayat in our lives. Someone who doesn't give up on anything she does.

"Do you want to read the Quran with me?", she asks holding two Qurans that she had placed near the couch. "How about I read and you listen? Is that okay with you?", she added when I didn't answer her.

"Okay".

She placed one of the Qurans back in its place and then opened the other one and started reading. I was not only mesmerized by her character but now she is making me admire her more.

I couldn't look away even if I wanted to because of the way she read the Quran. Her voice was the only thing that I could hear from her.

I put my head in my hands trying not to break down.

"You can lie on the bed if you want?", Hayat tells me when she saw me in that state. I wanted to say no but all I did was stand and walk toward the couch and then sit down.

"Hayat can we talk, please?", I ask her. She closed the Quran placed it in its place and sat beside me.

"What is it?". She asks.

"First of all I want to say sorry for what I say last night and second I am sorry if I behaved badly with you this morning. I didn't know how we ended up like that...."

She stopped me and took my hands with her.

"First stop saying sorry for something that isn't wrong. It is no one's fault for what happened this morning. We don't know if it was going to happen or not. And Aayan stop apologizing okay?", she says to me smiling. "Are you going back to sleep or do you want some breakfast?", she added.

I knew from Sameera that she never sleeps after waking up for Fajr's prayers.

"No thank you. We could go back to sleep, if that's okay with you?", I ask her.

"Okay, if that's what you want", she says. I got up and walked toward the bed while she put away the prayer mats.

She then comes to bed and lies down.

"Do you think we can bring Azaan home today?", she asks. I know that Mum wanted to keep him there for almost a week but it would be good if he was here with us.

Less tension.

"Yeah, I will call mum and ask her to bring him over," I tell her.

"Thank you".

She turns the other way while I do the same.

Not many people will understand what marriage is like, what the past means to someone like Aayan but Hayat knew that he would need time to heal as he didn't. Because he was busy being a father rather than a widower.