Chapter Twenty-Two

Aayan Gets To Know Hayat's Life {Before Their Engagement}

Aayan's Pov.

Have ever wondered about a person's life because of the way they are?

How do they never lose hope, faith, or even their prayers?

I needed to know more about Hayat but I couldn't just ask her because she would think that It is rude for me to do that.

So I went to Sameera and Zahir but I knew that I had to bribe her with some of her favorite chocolate.

"Why don't you just ask her, yourself? Beside you two are soon going to be husband and wife. It is better for her to answer you than me", Sameera tells me while Zahir agrees with her.

"Because I don't want to be seen as a stalker or someone who doesn't trust her. All I want to know is how does she do it? How does she endure everything that has been happening to her?", I try and explain to them but I knew that I couldn't tell them what had happened while they were away on their honeymoon.

I knew that it wasn't my place to tell her anything about that. Hayat trusted me not to say anything to Sameera.

"Fine, I will tell you everything about her. But if you dare hurt her, not even your buddy here will save you from me", Sameera tells me while pointing at Zahir who was standing behind her.

"I will take care of her and cherishe her always".

Sameera started by telling me how they met and how she found out about her mother's condition. It broke her heart.

"It was her mother who taught that there's nothing better than prayers and no one better than Allah", Sameera tells me smiling reminiscing how much Hayat meant to her.

Zahir looked at his wife who spoke about her best friend's trials and being mistreated by her stepmother and stepsister for no reason.

"Hayat always told me that no matter what they did to her. They will always be family to her as her father is. Her mother died when she was barely a teenager and we were just beginning to be best friends. She has tried to push me away due to grief but I couldn't let her as I promised her late mother that I would always be by her side no matter what", Sameera tells me wiping a tear from her cheek.

"I am sorry if this is making you sad. I will stop it.....

She shook her head and continued telling me about Hayat.

"You know why her mother named her Hayat?", she asked me smiling through the tears. I shook my head.

"Because she was her life. When Hayat was born, she was what you can call a miracle baby as the doctors didn't know if she will be able to make it. But she did make it. Alhamdullilah. Thus why Aunt Aliya named her Hayat meaning Life. She never stopped praying even if she was sick because of her mother. Hayat isn't the kind of woman that anyone will be able to bring down easily even though she has been beaten so many times by Maryam and Jameela. I admire her more than a sister and more than a friend".

Sameera smiled and looked at her husband Zahir.

"Do you remember the day I introduced you to her?", she asked him.

"Yes, I do. It wasn't one of my best days and she interrogated me like an F.B.I agent because I was dating you. She looked scary", Zahir says smiling. "It was the time when you were busy with Zainab and taking care of Azaan", he added.

I knew what he was talking about. It was time that I found out about Zainab's condition and I pushed him away even though he never left.

"When you love someone, they might mean the world to you but when they love you, you are their entire world. That's how Hayat feels about Azaan. He won her heart without doing anything except being himself", Sameera tells me smiling. I smiled back knowing that Hayat will be perfect for Azaan.

"I have one request from you Aayan?", Zahir asks me.

"Sure, go ahead".

"Hayat isn't the type of person to hurt someone intentionally. If anything happens to either of you, try and work it out. Because Hayat will never give up but when she sees someone giving up without trying she will too. She is my sister-in-law and someone I hope to have in future", Zahir tells me.

I thanked them for telling me what I needed to know. My respect and admiration for her multiplied. If I was in her shoes, I would have given up already.

"Prayers are what keep me going, Aayan. Pray and see what miracles Allah will perform for you", she told me the last time we saw each other.

I know what I have to do for Hayat. As a husband, a father, and also a friend.